JL JOURNAL : EVO JL Wrangler Rear Track Bar Relocation Bracket INSTALL

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Is there any benefit or detriment to the addition of a raised rear track bar bracket on a stock JLUR? Well, besides shifting the axle over of course. Was more curious about roll center and clearance.

Detriment. Installing one on a stock Jeep will over correct the position of your axle and shift it out toward the driver side. Also, your geometry would most likely be off in the opposite direction and I would imagine there are clearance issues you would see as well.

NFRs2000NYC

What about, say a 2.5" lift? Would the bracket help things along, or not the evo one because it only has 1 hole drilled for 3.5" lifts and above?

aust249

I installed the Evo bracket after I had already put the 3.5” lift on my
Jeep and it did make a noticeable difference in the handling characteristics of the Jeep. Which is especially appreciated on the mountain roads I drive. Thanks for the detailed video.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What about, say a 2.5" lift? Would the bracket help things along, or not the evo one because it only has 1 hole drilled for 3.5" lifts and above?

Depends on what 2.5" lift you installed and how your Jeep is built. What I'm trying to say is that a LOT of 2.5" coils yield way more than 3" of lift and in that case, a track bar relocation bracket would help. Of course, if you were running something like coil spacers and that give you exactly 2.5" of lift but then, you have heavy bumpers and armor and carry tons of gear, well, you'd have LESS than 2.5" of lift and no correction would be needed. Does that make sense?

I installed the Evo bracket after I had already put the 3.5” lift on my Jeep and it did make a noticeable difference in the handling characteristics of the Jeep. Which is especially appreciated on the mountain roads I drive. Thanks for the detailed video.

Awesome! Glad to hear you've seen the benefit of something like this on your JL :)

MSUConrad

Eddie - Does this mean you took off the Dynatrac lift? and if so, will be there a video coming out on the new lift?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie - Does this mean you took off the Dynatrac lift? and if so, will be there a video coming out on the new lift?

Yes. We are currently testing Rancho 3.5" coils and their long travel RS9000X shocks. We did film the install of these new coils and shocks but it isn't as thorough being that it's essentially the same as the other 3 lift kits we've installed. We hope to have it up in the next week or two at the latest.

RMC2

Too bad the rancho 3.5” springs come in so tall. This is a concern with any spring though.

Good video as usual.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Too bad the rancho 3.5” springs come in so tall. This is a concern with any spring though.

Good video as usual.

I should note our coils have settled a bit but they still sit over 4". And yes, MOST lift coils will yield more than what is advertised.