Steering felt weird and noticed this..

JLjeepster

Went wheelin in the snow yesterday and today I noticed steering felt off. Noticed this. Can someone help thank you

Attachments

• B94CDC56-441D-4508-812D-C93AEF3CD2F8.jpg
    B94CDC56-441D-4508-812D-C93AEF3CD2F8.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 209

VitaMeVas

Looks like the bushing from your sway bar end link came out. The link bar has been swinging around beating up what it can.

Spack

Sorry for the double post, but if I’m not mistaken, undo this bolt, put the rubber bushing into the link and put the bolt back through it. Not sure what the torque spec is off the top of my head. IMG_4891.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Your link is too short for the amount of lift you have. It most likely pulled out of the bushing when articulating on the trail. You're lucky it didn't over extend and flop forward.

ddays v2

If you're going to replace it, look for a good quick disconnect version. What lift do you have? Try looking on their website.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure I’ve ever seen that happen with the sway bar link before.

I've seen it a few times over the years and mainly on Rubicons being that they have e-sway bar disconnect and people with them think they'd be okay. More times than not, the links hyper extend and wrap around the tie-rod but in some cases where there's enough droop, the link will pull right out of the bushing.

VitaMeVas

I've seen it a few times over the years and mainly on Rubicons being that they have e-sway bar disconnect and people with them think they'd be okay. More times than not, the links hyper extend and wrap around the tie-rod but in some cases where there's enough droop, the link will pull right out of the bushing.

Eddie,

Is that because the Rubicons electronic sway bar disconnect is still connected to the sway bar end links rather than being completely disconnected?