Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Eco engine/trans skid plate on 2-dr

  1. #1
    Been Around the Block drhcobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    306

    Eco engine/trans skid plate on 2-dr

    For those who might be considering this. I have installed the Evo engine/trans skid plate on my 2-dr rubicon. It requires a little trimming to clear the fuel tank skids you can see in the pictures.
    IMG_0706.JPGIMG_0707.JPGIMG_0708.JPG


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  2. #2
    Been Around the Block Rgk401's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    294
    Quote Originally Posted by drhcobra View Post
    For those who might be considering this. I have installed the Evo engine/trans skid plate on my 2-dr rubicon. It requires a little trimming to clear the fuel tank skids you can see in the pictures.
    IMG_0706.JPGIMG_0707.JPGIMG_0708.JPG


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    I have it installed and i didn't have to trip anything. I'll take pictures when i get in from work.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  3. #3
    Been Around the Block drhcobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    306
    Yeah I saw that you had installed it too. There was no way mine would fit without taking some out. Maybe the 2 holes in the back were off a bit?


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  4. #4
    Been Around the Block Rgk401's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    294
    Quote Originally Posted by drhcobra View Post
    Yeah I saw that you had installed it too. There was no way mine would fit without taking some out. Maybe the 2 holes in the back were off a bit?


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Damn. I'll have to take a closer look at mine when i get in. I did have to contact evo and get them to send me another passenger side mount. But other than that it was a very easy install. How much did you shave off to make it fit.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  5. #5
    Been Around the Block drhcobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    306
    About 3/4 Everything fit great once I did that. Nice and solid.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  6. #6
    Been Around the Block Rgk401's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    294
    Quote Originally Posted by drhcobra View Post
    About 3/4 Everything fit great once I did that. Nice and solid.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Thank you. And nice jeep btw.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  7. #7
    Been Around the Block drhcobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    306
    Thanks man, And Im with you, the wait for parts for the 2-dr is driving me nuts.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  8. #8
    Been Around the Block Rgk401's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    294
    Quote Originally Posted by drhcobra View Post
    Thanks man, And Im with you, the wait for parts for the 2-dr is driving me nuts.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Yep yep it's killing me. I don't want to settle for a cheaper part but the wait is killing me lol.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  9. #9
    Been Around the Block drhcobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    306

    Eco engine/trans skid plate on 2-dr

    Well good luck with the rest of your build.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Last edited by drhcobra; 02-16-2019 at 06:35 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •