JL JOURNAL : Just a Little Snow Play on yet Another Snow Day

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
With everyday pretty much being a snow day lately, it sure has been tough to get any real work done. While we haven't exactly been getting crazy amounts of the white stuff, we have been getting more than enough to make us want to get out and play in it! And, that's when we got to think - why not use this opportunity to do some more winter "testing" of our JL Wrangler, out on the icy roads around town and of course, out in the snow. Certainly, the STT Pros we've been running have worn down a bit and the performance data we could collect might be useful to someone out there, right? LOL! Needless to say, in this episode of the JL JOURNAL, you'll get to see us take advantage of yet another snow day here in Carson City and to do a bit of snow play... all in the name of research and testing of course. :D

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

:cool:

Rellik

pretty cool where you showed the old footage with all terrains and then seeing the Coopers make short work of that snow covered hill. Thank you for sharing.

Jeeeep

damn that looks like so much fun!!!

thanks for making me miss snow fun even more...I'd flip you off but there's no emote for that so... thumb up the arse! :thumb:

:cheesy:

oyasin

Can someone more creative than me come up with a solution for the snow buildup by the rear door? In Minnesota there’s always ice or snow and there is stuff by my rear door basically all winter. It’s not that I can’t open the door, It’s just that every time someone is getting out of my backseat they get their clothes dirty because it is IMPOSSIBLE not to have your close touch that part of the Jeep when getting in and out. With the rock rails on a rubicon mud-flaps don’t fit on the front. Or at least that’s what the Mopar website says!

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Rgk401

Can someone more creative than me come up with a solution for the snow buildup by the rear door? In Minnesota there’s always ice or snow and there is stuff by my rear door basically all winter. It’s not that I can’t open the door, It’s just that every time someone is getting out of my backseat they get their clothes dirty because it is IMPOSSIBLE not to have your close touch that part of the Jeep when getting in and out. With the rock rails on a rubicon mud-flaps don’t fit on the front. Or at least that’s what the Mopar website says!

On our work trucks we use Pam cooking spray on the door handles,back side of the mirror and on the running boards. It works and haven’t started fading the paint yet. We also stay cooking oil on our underside so snow,ice,or salt won’t stick and freeze on,we been doing that a few years and all it good.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
pretty cool where you showed the old footage with all terrains and then seeing the Coopers make short work of that snow covered hill. Thank you for sharing.

To be fair, the all terrains do great on icy roads but in this kind of snow with ice underneath, you really do need something that'll dig in and hook up better.

damn that looks like so much fun!!!

thanks for making me miss snow fun even more...I'd flip you off but there's no emote for that so... thumb up the arse! :thumb:

:cheesy:

:cheesy: I'll just image the bird you're giving me :D

I'd be willing to bet that installing something like EVO bomber rockers would help prevent it.

On our work trucks we use Pam cooking spray on the door handles,back side of the mirror and on the running boards. It works and haven’t started fading the paint yet. We also stay cooking oil on our underside so snow,ice,or salt won’t stick and freeze on,we been doing that a few years and all it good.

LOL - I might have to give that a try :crazyeyes:

Man that looks like fun.

Shame you don't live closer. I'd be nice to have someone join us out in the white stuff :cool:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like a blast! Too much work and no time to play in the snow here. I find it hilarious that my Roku decided to play a metal cloak ad in front of this video, though. Thanks for the tease Eddy and Cindy!

Sent from my moto x4 using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

LOL - glad you enjoyed the video and glad to hear Metalcloak thinks highly enough of our videos to advertise on them. :crazyeyes:

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
To be fair, the all terrains do great on icy roads but in this kind of snow with ice underneath, you really do need something that'll dig in and hook up better.

:cheesy: I'll just image the bird you're giving me :D

I'd be willing to bet that installing something like EVO bomber rockers would help prevent it.

LOL - I might have to give that a try :crazyeyes:

Shame you don't live closer. I'd be nice to have someone join us out in the white stuff :cool:

I’m 3 ish hours closer than I was. Getting there lol