Best high speed trail suspension

GBM

I’m a JLU newbie and found out that I like hitting the trail at high speeds over other off-road activities.
What is the best suspension under $1500 for this type of off-roading?

TIA
GBM

Jdofmemi

Yep☝️

Speed costs $$, and the faster you want to go, the more $$$$$$$ it takes.

Your budget will get you in something like the Rancho kit Eddie (Wayalife) has, but it will only get you a little bit more than stock as far as speed goes.

King shocks will help, but that is around $2,500

If you want fast, long arms and DTD EVO will do fast, but you might need a second mortgage.

GBM

You’re not gonna get much for that that will allow you to go that much faster. How fast have you been going and how much faster are you looking to go? Did you air down?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

“Air down”?
I was going 40-45mph. I bottomed out a few times when I hit some pot holes. Will the mopar system get me more travel? Or the icon stage 2 with hydraulic bumb stops?
I’m going for a lift next week. I just wanted suggestions on one that possible worked better on trails vs rock climbing.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
“Air down”?
I was going 40-45mph. I bottomed out a few times when I hit some pot holes. Will the mopar system get me more travel? Or the icon stage 2 with hydraulic bumb stops?
I’m going for a lift next week. I just wanted suggestions on one that possible worked better on trails vs rock climbing.
You don't air down on dirt roads?

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
“Air down”?

Don’t waste your money next week. Do some more research.

Air down. Yes. Let some air out of your tires. Smoother ride.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, let some air out of your tires. It's probably all you need and it costs nothing.

GBM

As mentioned, let some air out of your tires. It's probably all you need and it costs nothing.

Did I mention I’m a Jeep newbie.
I’m running my stock tires 245’s at 30psi.

I going to lift it to run 35’s. What lift kit should I go with?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Did I mention I’m a Jeep newbie.
I’m running my stock tires 245’s at 30psi.

I going to lift it to run 35’s. What lift kit should I go with?

Before you take off on dirt, let some air out of your tires. For high speed stuff, don't go too low - maybe 15 psi is all you need to be at. That'll soften up your ride. Just make sure you don't go too low - that is a common rookie mistake and can result in sidewall damage caused by a pinch.

As far as lifts go, all you need is a 2" lift to clear 35's. Being that you've only got $1500 to work with, I would give the Dynatrac or Rancho lift a look.

GBM

Before you take off on dirt, let some air out of your tires. For high speed stuff, don't go too low - maybe 15 psi is all you need to be at. That'll soften up your ride. Just make sure you don't go too low - that is a common rookie mistake and can result in sidewall damage caused by a pinch.

As far as lifts go, all you need is a 2" lift to clear 35's. Being that you've only got $1500 to work with, I would give the Dynatrac or Rancho lift a look.

This is the type of direction I was looking for.
Thank you!
Love your vids.

Deezus

I’m a JLU newbie and found out that I like hitting the trail at high speeds over other off-road activities.
What is the best suspension under $1500 for this type of off-roading?

TIA
GBM
Stay stock and buy a Casper mattress to use as a headliner.
$1500, hahaha thanks man this made me lol.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk