Rubi Wheels, 35s, Sahara

BradyWhiteJLU

All--
Looking for any experience, pictures, talk about my option.

Current, near term plan for the Sahara Unlimited:
Hardtop
2" Dynatrac Endurosport
35" Duratracs
On Rubicon wheels
Rhino Rack

Is anyone else running 35s on stock Rubi wheels with a Sahara? How has your experience things. Any true major concerns?
I really love the look of the stock Rubicon wheels and think it will look great on the white Sahara. I also love the ability to save a little $ buying some take-offs [emoji1303]

The Jeep is my daily driver. I won't be doing any extreme rock crawling. I do also plan to get a roof top tent for camping excursions and hikes. Will be traveling around in Colorado a lot and hitting trails still.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Jwalt

My set up is similar but different because its a Rubicon on 37's, I will give my opinion anyway. I don't see any issue with 35's on rubi rims. The stock Rubicon tires are about 33's. I am running the Dynatrac lift on my Jeep and love it and think it is a great option. I don't feel like I sacrificed ride quality for the lift. It is a much much better ride than the simple spacer lifts. I think if you choose a good quality tire you will be very happy.

BradyWhiteJLU

My set up is similar but different because its a Rubicon on 37's, I will give my opinion anyway. I don't see any issue with 35's on rubi rims. The stock Rubicon tires are about 33's. I am running the Dynatrac lift on my Jeep and love it and think it is a great option. I don't feel like I sacrificed ride quality for the lift. It is a much much better ride than the simple spacer lifts. I think if you choose a good quality tire you will be very happy.

Awesome. That's good to hear. Sounds like a nice looking setup! Good to know about the ride quality. Seems like it's a great do it all lift choice.

Spack

If you can wait a little bit on the Rhino Rack, they said their Back Bone system for the JL should be released some time in March. I was planning on going with that instead of one that mounts to the roll bars underneath the hardtop.

BradyWhiteJLU

If you can wait a little bit on the Rhino Rack, they said their Back Bone system for the JL should be released some time in March. I was planning on going with that instead of one that mounts to the roll bars underneath the hardtop.

I had heard it was March! That is what I want to wait for for sure. Seems like such a solid set up. Saw JL.Rubitron on Instagram talking about a release coming soon.

If you can wait a little bit on the Rhino Rack, they said their Back Bone system for the JL should be released some time in March. I was planning on going with that instead of one that mounts to the roll bars underneath the hardtop

I’m waiting to see how this all pans out too. AEV uses the rhino-rack stuff & it looks nice.