Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just want my Jeep back

Angry Just want my Jeep back

As of today, the dealership has had my jeep for 12 days. They told me on January 31 that I needed a new instrument cluster, which is why my screen kept rebooting. They originally said they would keep it over the weekend, and when I called on Monday (Feb 4) to follow up we were still waiting for the part to arrive. I waited until Thursday, Feb 7, to call back, still waiting for this part to arrive. I called today, still. waiting. for. this. part.

I asked what is the hold up and why can they not give me an approximate date for this part? They are telling me that Chrysler does not manufacture these instrument clusters, but rather outsources them through various vendors. (?) So they are "shooting out emails" today to see if they can get a definitive timeline and speak with me more intelligently on it. But for now.. we are still waiting for parts to arrive.
    Janice

Jeep Squad:
    *Koopa Troopa - 2019 Mojito! JL Rubicon
    *Scorpion - 2018 Hella Yella JLU Rubicon
    *Bambi - 2018 Gobi JKU Sahara (Daughter's)
    *Little Red - 2006 Flame Red LJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Bug View Post
    They are telling me that Chrysler does not manufacture these instrument clusters, but rather outsources them through various vendors. (?)
    That sucks. But this information is likely accurate. They usually do that with stereos too.

Been Around the Block
    And it's probably coming from Mexico

Sent from my SM-G950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Sucks but it could be worse - my mother had a Jaguar that had repeated instrument cluster issues and it took almost 8 weeks just to get the damn thing from England. Then another two weeks to install

That sucks! Have you tried reaching out to Jeepcares on here?

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2012 Jeep Jk - 37ís
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 40ís
    1975 Jeep DJ5

No, I have not contacted Jeep Cares. I was not sure what they could do if the parts are coming from an outside vendor. But, I will look into it, thank you!

Edited to add: JeepCares message mailbox is full and they cannot accept any more. So @JeepCares, any advice or assistance? Thank you.
    Last edited by Mud Bug; 02-12-2019 at 07:18 AM.
    Janice

Jeep Squad:

Fresh Catch
    Have they provided you with a loaner

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Dmjr0064 View Post
    Have they provided you with a loaner

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Yes and No. The original intent was for them to leave the car that their driver was bringing up because I told them I did not need a loaner (and they were only taking my Jeep for about 6 hours). I am a stay at home mom so I don't actually drive anywhere unless I have errands to run. We do have 3 Wranglers at my house, well.. 2 after they took one. So I drive our little LJ if I need to go anywhere.

My dealership has a courtesy service and sends a driver in a "loaner" car to your house to pick up your vehicle, and they leave the car behind. The driver later brings your Jeep back and swaps vehicles again. The first time they left me a demo car that had mileage on it. Was a Grand Cherokee. They did this for the yellow jeep, getting the same nano-coat treatment. This time for the green jeep, the vehicle they brought up is a Renegade Latitude and is actually for sale; it still has the window sticker. I will not drive it because 1) I just don't like how it drives, and 2) because the window sticker thing is annoying to me. Just little things. Also I am kind of wary about putting any miles on a vehicle that is for sale. I realize this is not my issue and is their fault, but still I tend to think about things like that. But I do joke about putting thousands of miles on it just because...

So far their expected 6 hours has turned into 13 days, and counting.
    Janice

Jeep Squad:

Been Around the Block
    Quote Originally Posted by Mud Bug View Post
    No, I have not contacted Jeep Cares. I was not sure what they could do if the parts are coming from an outside vendor. But, I will look into it, thank you!

Edited to add: JeepCares message mailbox is full and they cannot accept any more. So @JeepCares, any advice or assistance? Thank you.
    Try contacting Jeep Customer Care877-426-5337
    https://fcacommunity.force.com/Jeep/...-contact-Jeep2

I bought a Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi when they came out. Within a week, the front 4wd sensor was faulty.

I got a similar response from the dealer that it was too new and parts were not available and would need to get it from a supplier.

After the 3rd week of the same blah blah blah, I contacted Chrysler, calmly explained the issue. They told me there were no parts because there were no part numbers since it was so new and were starting the same blah blah blah that the dealer was telling me. I asked them why they couldn't pull the part from the assembly line, again about the part numbers...

I mentioned how long it had been sitting at the dealer and begin "thinking" out loud I mentioned I guess I should inquire with my state about how to file a lemon law claim because the part was available they just didn't want to pull it from the assembly line.

I got put on hold and when the person returned I was told the part was being overnighted. Sure enough, I got a call from the dealer the next morning and finally got my new vehicle back after 4 weeks of "waiting for parts"

Good luck!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast