Just want my Jeep back

JTCO

Meme King
I figured it would be married to the ECM and not the cluster since it is digital.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

When I worked at the dealer level about 15 years ago, every cluster sent out for repair had a ton of Odometer paperwork along with it. And when it was sent back as a repair or replacement, we had to verify odometer was set correctly. Even digital, it was something within the cluster itself. I guess it may be different now, but that's how it was then.

Jeeeep

Hey thanks :) As of right now, Jeep Wave is "reaching out" to corporate resources and to the dealership to see if they can just somehow work out giving me a replacement Jeep. I don't know what that would entail. I asked if I might be able to order one through the dealership, and take whichever comes in first.. the ordered Jeep or the part. Maybe Chrysler would buy the disabled Wrangler back. Or if the dealership was willing (and would not lose money on it in the end) just swap it for the nearly identical Rubicon they have sitting on their lot for sale right now. Theirs has a steel bumper group but I said they can swap those bumpers with mine, no problem. Every other option is exactly the same. But.. we will see since I have no idea how any of this will need to be done. Still playing the waiting game. But I will say Jeep Wave has been 100% so far. Quick to reply and seems to be working with me and not trying to force anything on to me.

It's good they are staying in communication and are considering doing a swap. Hopefully it all works out and you get a few extra options in the deal :thumb:

Mud Bug

Yes sorry, I am so busy lately.

But yeah, my jeep is grounded until the replacement part comes in. They have to order the instrument cluster to the exact mileage on the jeep. I really just want whatever will get me back into my JL the soonest. If they will trade out the Jeep for something on their lot, great. If the part comes in and I get my actual jeep back, great. Whatever will be least complicated all around.