Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited 3.6L

2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited 3.6L

Anyone know what size the oil drain plug is? Looking to order a Fumoto valve and I know it used to be M14 1.5 size. Just wanted to validate that for 2019 since I haven't changed oil on it yet.

F106S M14-1.5 Drain Valve - short nipple
    2019 JLU Sport S, 3 pedals, Hella Yella
    2005 TJ Rubicon, Impact Orange

Do people actually put those things on? Are you that lazy you can throw a wrench on to drain the oil?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2012 Jeep Jk - 37ís
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 40ís
    1975 Jeep DJ5

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJL View Post
    Do people actually put those things on? Are you that lazy you can throw a wrench on to drain the oil?

With the exception of the JL, I've had the Fumoto valves on our current and several of our past vehicles. Oil drains easily into returnable oil containers, and without a mess. With top mount oil filters, I don't even throw cardboard or a drip pan on the floor anymore (well, except the JL as I haven't added a Fumoto).

I've changed oil in Moab, condo garage

I have the Fumato valve with L nipple protected by Skid Row engine skid. I connect a small clear plastic hose up to the nipple, place a gallon jug underneath and open the valve. No mess, no fuss.

These things are awesome. Have one on all my vehicles. Zero mess. Can Chang oil without tools. I canít believe everyone doesnít use them.

EVO MFG ProTek

I noticed this thread the other day when thunderstrike brought it bak to life and it got me thinking...

I ended up ordering a Stahlbus drain valve, I had never tried one of these but all the talk about skid plates being in the way got me worried it would make a mess. I picked the Stahlbus over the fumoto because it has an O-ring sealed cap that threads over the drain, if for some reason the drain fails or leaks the cap should keep it plugged until it can get replaced.

Sure enough my EVO skid made a mess today, the hole in the skid is almost perfect. I pulled the plug and the oil shot right through the hole in the skid, until it got down to the end when the stream was about 1/8" wide it started to hit the front edge of the drain hole. It was still draining pretty good and I didn't want to plug it back up. There was a lot of oil in the skid when it was done, I used about a half roll of paper towels sopping it up.

I replaced the plug with the Stahlbus drain so hopefully it will be a little cleaner next time.

I changed my oil yesterday after my Rubicon trip for the first time since installing the Stahlbus valve...

Super simple and clean, there was a tiny bit of oil in the valve cap when I removed it but it didn't look like any had gotten out. The hose that comes attached to the drain adapter is the perfect length to empty the used motor oil into an empty 5 Qt jug for disposal. Probably the simplest oil change I've done since the old days when I worked at a shop with a lift and a tank for used oil

Skid plates, man. Tired of having oil missing the drain hole and into the oil pan skid. So much easier. And yes....I am that lazy. 🤓
    VitaMeVas

Sent with Etch-a-sketch using twisty knobs

2019 JL Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited Granite Crystal Metallic
    JL Tazer Mini with JL Tazer Front Grill Camera Kit
    Rancho Front Diff & Rear Lower CA Skids
    EVO Protek 3.6 Engine/Trans, Exhaust Loop, & FAD Skids
    RockHard 4x4 Patriot Series Tubular Rock Sliders
    CoolTech LLC Tailgate Antenna Kit with Cobra 75
    Dominion Offroad Stealth Hi-Lift Jack Interior Mount

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast