What's the retail price of the OEM front steel bumper?

NFRs2000NYC

Will be (hopefully) placing my JL order soon, and since I can't find a front bumper that offers what I'm looking for, the steel OEM bumper will probably fit me needs (also think it looks awesome.) I was wondering if it's worth paying for the steel bumper group (with plans to ditch the rear bumper) for the $900, or should I skip the option and just buy the bumper after the fact?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Will be (hopefully) placing my JL order soon, and since I can't find a front bumper that offers what I'm looking for, I was wondering if it's worth paying for the steel bumper group (with plans to ditch the rear bumper) for the $900, or should I skip the option and just buy the bumper after the fact?

If you're willing to wait, I'll bet you can find something but I haven't seen too many people parting with their factory steel front bumper. I have a feeling that to buy it as an aftermarket purchase is gonna be a lot more than what you can get from the factory. If you're wanting it (and it is a nice bumper), I might recommend just ordering it with your JL.

ddays v2

it's $1044 on Quadratec just for the front alone. Might as well get them both for less from the factory. It is a really nice bumper.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
There are so many little bits and pieces, brackets, nuts and bolts that differentiate the plastic bumpers from the steel bumpers. Getting it straight from the factory installed is the way to go.

Rampart22

I agree. I purchased the plastic bumper with plans to upgrade to something better. I’m still trying to figure out what that is.... I wish I had just gone with the factory steel and could have kept it for some time.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

ddays v2

Just be aware that there are a couple captive nuts that the factory installs in the frame rail when you order with the steel bumper group. If you add the factory steel front later you'll have to install a couple nutserts in order to attach it with all of the factory bolts.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Just be aware that there are a couple captive nuts that the factory installs in the frame rail when you order with the steel bumper group. If you add the factory steel front later you'll have to install a couple nutserts in order to attach it with all of the factory bolts.

This is also true with the rear.