Badger JL

ddays v2

Nice stickers. Ain't gonna lie, I've been eyeing similar ones and I don't even have my new Jeep yet.

The thing that scares me about having a capable built Jeep and a new pretty Jeep is that I'm going to turn into what your sorry ass has turned into. "Oh, this one will only be for easy stuff." "Oh, we won't spend money building this one." "Oh, we still have the capable Jeep for off-road stuff." Yeah yeah yeah, bullshit. Like kids with expensive ass fucking Legos, the rabbit hole never ends. However. It was nice seeing you taking the "neglected"Jeep out last weekend even if the axle flanges are made from sub-par metals.

:cheesy: It's a sickness. Problem is, as your skill level and experience rises so does the desire to try harder shit. Puttering around on all the easy shit is boring as hell and taking it "easy" gets old real quick.

I like the look of that vent flag sticker [emoji106] a 2.5” lift will be needing some 37s ��

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Thanks! Yeah, well there is gonna likely be an extra set in the garage available next Spring a soon as I take care of that "sub-par metal" WJCO alludes to above ;)

Jdofmemi

Just added cowl vent flag stickers. Still kicking which lift to throw on. No rush though. Was leaning Dynatrac but may end up with the EVO 2.5""

View attachment 12852

Bubba talked me into pairing the EVO 2.5" lift with the Fox shocks, and I could not be more please with the ride, both on road and off.
She drives it about 90 miles a day to work, and says the ride is better than stock.

ddays v2

Damn, that looks kinda sweet :thumb:

Thanks! LOL, gonna add my WAL sticker there if can remember where in the hell I put the damn things so I wouldn't forget where I put them. :rolleyes2:

Bubba talked me into pairing the EVO 2.5" lift with the Fox shocks, and I could not be more please with the ride, both on road and off.
She drives it about 90 miles a day to work, and says the ride is better than stock.

LOL, every time I tell myself to keep this Jeep simple I go out in it and get pissed because it's not build enough to do the shit I want to do :crazyeyes: And then I see Eddies video of the
Coilover flex and I just shut the computer and walk away. The EVO kit is really a sweet kit and honestly would fit the needs perfectly.

ddays v2

Jerry have you thought about the rancho lift for badger?

I have but honestly I am leaning more EVO 2.5" now. I'm not gonna do anything for awhile - probably over Winter. I want something more performance based as I don't want to have to do another kit. Things in the works that I'm thinking this thing will get wheeled harder than I anticipated. Go figure :rolleyes2:

Saharaunlmtd

Haha, no, I'm doing a FF60 rear in Gruff which will necessitate new wheels once again. :crazyeyes: I'm gonna use the set currently on Gruff on Badger after the lift and plan on taking both on a wheeling trip. Be a shame to have to take it easy on Badger while Gruff is having all the fun ;)

I see. Guess I’ll be checking CL religiously looking for the wheel fire sale [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

ddays v2

that your daughter?

my daughter had that grin when I brought home the 2015 JK as "my" new daily driver... i've driven it about a dozen times since that grin :cheesy:

Hahaha, yeah, that's my youngest. See the trail of thievery I have to put up with? :rolleyes2:

CL1A3313.jpg

CL1A3418.jpg

CL1A3565.jpg

CL1A4679.jpg

CL1A4247.jpg

ddays v2

LOL - awesome. Always good to see the kids getting involved :)

Yeah, it's pretty cool watching her having a blast. Almost as much fun as getting to do it myself. :cool:
And she's had a pretty good spotter. Steve is really great at it. I just shut up and watch both of them having fun. I think
he enjoys spotting people through obstacles as much as he enjoys driving.

Last edited:

ddays v2

Badger is getting some love lately before Gruff goes under the scalpel. Finally installed the trail table I bought in June :crazyeyes:
It's from Front Runner. The price point is pretty decent. Easy install, no rattles, nice and solid. Latch has a safety catch so it really can't come
open by itself.

table 1.jpg

table 2.jpg

table 3.jpg

table 4.jpg

This is my only complaint: the wood "cutting board" is a piece of cheap ass plywood. It's not even good plywood. It's that really shitty imported plywood.
This won't hold up to any use at all. Maybe one time then it will be marred beyond another use. I'm either gonna look for a cutting board at Home Goods & cut it down
or order in an HDPE cutting board off of Amazon & do the same. :(

table 5.jpg

ddays v2

Geez, can't believe it's been a year since I updated this thread :crazyeyes: Really had nothing to report on until this past month. Installed a Dynatrac Sportlift and a Rusty's Offroad tire carrier before our big trip out West to Moab & Ouray. The Rustys carrier is top notch. Really well built and it looks like it's built to hold up over time. The Dynatrac lift has been great. I was only looking to add 37's for the trip so the 2" worked out perfectly. The on-road ride is excellent and there are no rubbing issues
front or rear. I did remove those little extension pieces that go between the rear flares and bumper. The 37's we ran for the trip are the old set off of the JK and the Chamber Pro/Cooper STT Pro combo is hard to beat. I'd recommend the carrier, lift, and Coops to anyone. Below are some pics after the lift and a few of the JL in action with my daughter doing all of the driving in it.

rustys.jpg

jll1.jpg

jll2.jpg

PS1.jpg

PS2.jpeg

WED.jpg

PS3.jpeg

IMO.jpg

BB2.jpeg