Badger JL

ddays v2

Got the chance to play a little today in the snow. Stopped at my buddies camp in the Allegheny National Forest near Kane, Pa as well.

20190305_110730_resized.jpg

20190305_125012_resized.jpg

20190305_161037_resized.jpg

20190305_161339_resized.jpg

ddays v2

Who would have thought lights would be such a big issue. Lol can say I’m a fan of a pillar lights on the JL. I know my opinion doesn’t matter just that we talked about Mickey Mouse ears earlier.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Yeah, the MM look had to go. Since I'm stuck with the damn things now, that seemed like a logical place. IDK, the mounts suck big time - the lights wiggle some over 60mph. At 75 I don't have to Jeep wave at anyone -both lights do that for me. Ridiculous. These fuckers might just get put on a shelf.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Yeah, the MM look had to go. Since I'm stuck with the damn things now, that seemed like a logical place. IDK, the mounts suck big time - the lights wiggle some over 60mph. At 75 I don't have to Jeep wave at anyone -both lights do that for me. Ridiculous. These fuckers might just get put on a shelf.

Lol can you mount them in front of the winch just on the bumper? Like on top.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Lol can you mount them in front of the winch just on the bumper? Like on top.

On the factory bumper I don't think but possibly. The damn Zeons take up a lot of the room. IDK, I may pick one of the Mopar bars and try it. They let you mount the lights far enough apart that they don't look dumb. If that fails, on the shelf they go

I used a Poison Spyder Hawse Fairlead Light Mount to place mine just above the fairlead. The tabs may have enough offset to accommodate lights that will be used in conjunction with a sunken winch.

45-28-020-2-1280x570.jpg

20190109_201714-1280x960.jpg

ddays v2

I used a Poison Spyder Hawse Fairlead Light Mount to place mine just above the fairlead. The tabs may have enough offset to accommodate lights that will be used in conjunction with a sunken winch.

View attachment 9367

View attachment 9368

Good idea. Not sure that particular one will get the mounting point above the bumper though. Rigid has a different mount that I ordered all the way back in December. Got an email from Quadratec that it finally shipped yesterday. It keeps the light closer to the windshield so maybe I'll try that one out before I look at the Mopar bar. Overlanders right - this is way too much pissing around for stupid lights. :crazyeyes:

ddays v2

Finally got away for a day this past weekend and spent it driving on a bunch of forest roads in the Moshannon State Park/Benezette Pa area.
Sure does a person good to get far enough away that cell phones no longer work. :yup:

Hah, and I ditched the damn lights too

20190526_124616_resized_1.jpg

20190526_133034_resized_1.jpg

20190526_124402_resized_1.jpg

20190526_143210_resized_1.jpg

JLRay

Looks like a good time! [emoji106] It’s been awhile since iv been way out sure do miss it.

ddays v2

Just added cowl vent flag stickers. Still kicking which lift to throw on. No rush though. Was leaning Dynatrac but may end up with the EVO 2.5""

20190809_211057_resized.jpg

WiscoHR

Just added cowl vent flag stickers. Still kicking which lift to throw on. No rush though. Was leaning Dynatrac but may end up with the EVO 2.5""

View attachment 12852

I’ve been running the EVO 2.5 for just over a year and have no complaints, except I keep blowing the rear Rancho shocks I paired with it. I think the Kings with better dampening would be perfect. The Rancho are in the bumps daily.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

ddays v2

I’ve been running the EVO 2.5 for just over a year and have no complaints, except I keep blowing the rear Rancho shocks I paired with it. I think the Kings with better dampening would be perfect. The Rancho are in the bumps daily.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Frankly, that's one of the things I liked about the Dynatrac lift - the Fox shocks it comes with. I'm not ready to dump a shitload on shocks for this Jeep yet. I've got a project coming up with the JK over Winter and I'd rather put that kind of money into it.

Nice... decals before lift. ��

Horsepower before suspension ;)

JTCO

Meme King
Nice stickers. Ain't gonna lie, I've been eyeing similar ones and I don't even have my new Jeep yet.

The thing that scares me about having a capable built Jeep and a new pretty Jeep is that I'm going to turn into what your sorry ass has turned into. "Oh, this one will only be for easy stuff." "Oh, we won't spend money building this one." "Oh, we still have the capable Jeep for off-road stuff." Yeah yeah yeah, bullshit. Like kids with expensive ass fucking Legos, the rabbit hole never ends. However. It was nice seeing you taking the "neglected"Jeep out last weekend even if the axle flanges are made from sub-par metals.