Badger JL

ddays v2

I thought I had posted earlier how great they look, but I think I just got lost looking at them and forgot to post. LOL.

Hahaha, Thanks man!

Tire shop put them at max pressure for you. 😖
Got to love it when that happens.

I like that tire and wheel combo.

Thanks. Yeah, damn thing rode like a dumptruck!

those look good :thumb:

are they beadlocks? damn it's hard to tell anymore lol

Thanks! Nope, I got the simulated versions. I have a spare set of slabs in the garage tho. Better watch out, I think I'm catching up to you wheel-wise :D

JTCO

Meme King
I think some of these tire techs are trained to look at the sidewall and put that air pressure in the tire. Fuckers.

ddays v2

Whelp, I finally won the fight with my winch, winch plate and bumper and got the damn thing mounted. Man, there really isn't much room in there when using a winch plate and the factory steel bumper. I had a helluva time.

Getting to this point is the easy part

Winch 1.jpg

The plate I used, made by Maximus 3 was really well made but it didn't fit for shit. I had to grind one of the corners pretty significantly, like 3/4" of an inch to allow the plate to clear a flange on the frame and the bolt to be inserted. I was so aggravated by the time I got it to fit I forgot to take a damn pic.

So problem 2 reared when I tried to mount the bumper with the winch sitting loose in the frame. The instructions say to, get this, bend the flange where the bumper mounts onto with a pair of vice grips to allow the winch to clear. Yeah, right. No way can you bend the frame flanges with a pair of fucking vice grips. I didn't even attempt that nonsense. Time to get the grinder out. I took about a 1/4" off of each flange

WInch 4.jpg

Here's how much clearance that gives you on each side while preserving the two upper/inner bolt holes. Not much room at all.

Winch 2.jpg

WInch 3.jpg

Tried to mount bumper again and no go. It's just too close for you to get to the inner bumper bolts and it's impossible to get the two winch bolts the closest to the front of the bumper after the bumper is on. There just isn't any room to get your hands in there to insert the bolt.

Fine, since cutting anymore would lose the bolt hole I just cut out that whole damn corner out on both sides.

cut flange.jpg

That allowed to to move the winch around enough that all of the nuts and bolts were accessable.

Winch 5.jpg

This is how tight it is around the winch once the bumper is mounted

Winch 6.jpg

Winch 7.jpg

All buttoned up. Looks good nestled in there. Hope I never have to take the bitch out :crazyeyes:

WInch 8.jpg

Winch 9.jpg

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Since Jerry isn’t gonna post them I will. Here is some flex shots of badger out in the trail this weekend. No lift and 35’s
IMG_0118.jpg
IMG_0119.jpg
IMG_0129.jpg
IMG_0153.JPG
IMG_0154.JPG

ddays v2

LOL, you beat me to it - thanks for posting those up!

Overall I was really happy. I drug pretty much what I expected. Did bend the exhaust crossover up some. The tranny skid plate got whacked a few times too. For reference here's how the lifted Jeeps flexed out on the same section

CL1A4271.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

And Steve the flex king on his coilovers

IMG_0133.jpg

ddays v2

Badger took a couple hits to the exhaust crossover this past weekend. That tranny skid isn't gonna hold up long either. Ordered up a set of EVO skid plates
from Exodus Jeeps this afternoon.

exhaust.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome shots and glad to see you using your JL!

Also, good thing you've got an EVO skid system coming :crazyeyes:

ddays v2

Awesome shots and glad to see you using your JL!

Also, good thing you've got an EVO skid system coming :crazyeyes:

Thanks Eddie - I was really happy with how well it did. I can't wait to get it back out again!
Most of the dents are my own fault but with it being so slippery even when I took a good line, slipping around so much
off of the rocks led to some of the bashing.

Believe it or not, the wife told me I had to "fix Badger up so you don't smash anything else up", so I'm gonna end up putting a small lift on him. probably stick with
2" or so. Also strongly considering the EVO weld on sliders when they come out. The bolt on steps/sliders are ok, but the welded on ones sure give you a lot more confidence
that you're not gonna smash body panels.

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thanks Eddie - I was really happy with how well it did. I can't wait to get it back out again!
Most of the dents are my own fault but with it being so slippery even when I took a good line, slipping around so much
off of the rocks led to some of the bashing.

Believe it or not, the wife told me I had to "fix Badger up so you don't smash anything else up", so I'm gonna end up putting a small lift on him. probably stick with
2" or so. Also strongly considering the EVO weld on sliders when they come out. The bolt on steps/sliders are ok, but the welded on ones sure give you a lot more confidence
that you're not gonna smash body panels.

Damn right they are your fault. I don’t wanna hear you trying to blame it on me [emoji23][emoji23]