GMRS Comms

2EURO

Well... I've taken the steps and applied for the GMRS license.

Unlike HAM license, GMRS didn't require a test. I'm no radio nerd, just wanted something slightly better than CB. I didn't care to get my electrician degree. At least that's what it felt like when I was looking into getting the HAM license. :cheesy:
I'll probably run both systems as I know many still run the CBs. I'd hate to attend future trips and not have a radio to communicate with people.

I'm looking at getting the Midland MTX400. Does anyone have input on this GMRS unit?

51zozcmsepL.jpg

Lurker

I picked up the Midland MXT-275. Seems a lot of the jeepers in my area are going GMRS and I did have several recommend both models.

What I'm trying to decide now is how I want to power it. Run to the 12v outlet? Wire to the "accessory" line? Or wire to one of the Aux switches.

Sent from my SM-G965U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

justin mazzon

I'm still using a CB and am happy with it. Some fellows I run with have hams. I'm currently studying for the test. It's a total waste of my time for talking on the trail. I guess I'll have bragging wrights if I even pass the test. GMRS is probably a much better way to go.