Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Sure it's Bigger... but is it actually Better? DISSECTING the JL WRANGLER Front Axle

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet88 View Post
    Dynatrac does offer 3” OD and. .3125 for the JK. So the JL UD being 2.75 and .375 isn’t that far off. Obviously dyna didn’t consider it being weak. Just saying. Everyone knows this other company is dana spicer..if they look at this forum lol.
    Are we talking 60s or a 44? The JL PR 44 is 3.125 OD whereas the JK PR 44 is 3.0 OD. Both offer .5 wall thickness which exceeds the Dana axle. The Dana 60s used to break like a motherfucker, so hopefully they've improved. I'll put my money on Dynatrac though.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...ana-60-Failure

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet88 View Post
    Dynatrac does offer 3” OD and. .3125 for the JK. So the JL UD being 2.75 and .375 isn’t that far off. Obviously dyna didn’t consider it being weak. Just saying. Everyone knows this other company is dana spicer..if they look at this forum lol.
    LOL - Sorry but your missing a very important point here. The JL Wrangler axles on a Rubicon are a whole 2.5" WIDER than that of a JK and the wider width means there is MORE LEVERAGE on the tubes. This is the reason why Dynatrac decided to make the tubes on their PR44JL BIGGER in diameter and with a MUCH THICKER WALL. Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Are we talking 60s or a 44? The JL PR 44 is 3.125 OD whereas the JK PR 44 is 3.0 OD. Both offer .5 wall thickness which exceeds the Dana axle. The Dana 60s used to break like a motherfucker, so hopefully they've improved. I'll put my money on Dynatrac though.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...ana-60-Failure
    LOL!! Wasn't gonna go there myself but yes, I think we've all seen our fair share of UD60 breaks.

That being said, Dynatrac did originally offer their PR44 for the JK with 3" diameter tubes that had a 0.3125" wall. However, this was eventually phased out due to a lack of interest from consumers. If I could guess, Dynatrac would still stand behind this thinner wall being adequate for a JK but of course, the JK had axles that were a whole 2.5" NARROWER than what you find on a JL Rubicon.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    LOL!! Wasn't gonna go there myself but yes, I think we've all seen our fair share of UD60 breaks.

That being said, Dynatrac did originally offer their PR44 for the JK with 3" diameter tubes that had a 0.3125" wall. However, this was eventually phased out due to a lack of interest from consumers. If I could guess, Dynatrac would still stand behind this thinner wall being adequate for a JK but of course, the JK had axles that were a whole 2.5" NARROWER than what you find on a JL Rubicon.
    Agreed. Exactly. When I bought my axle from them, the difference in price of wall thickness from 0.3125 vs 0.500 was 100 bucks. That's it. No brainier for me. And I think the weight difference was like 30 pounds or some small ass figure like that. Do it once, do it right.

Not necessarily. As I said, our axle has been holding up in spite of us running 37's, we just want to play harder and have confidence in our axle.

For you, I don't think so. What you have should hold up just fine for your needs.

So far as I know, the PR44JL will only be offered with the larger tube and in a 0.50" wall. While it will be heavier, I don't know if it's enough to really matter especially being that it's unsprung weight.
    Eddie, is there any word on a JL axle from Dynatrac that allows us to use our JL fears and lockers like they made for the JK?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Dynatrac likes to design their standard products to work with factory components. That way, they can work with most other products being made. Needless to say, the PR44JL is made to accommodate the factory steering stabilizer bracket that's bolted on the axle.

With all that said, we've already got plans to upgrade our tie-rod and drag link with ones made by Synergy and then run their steering stabilizer relocation bracket.
    I have Synergies steering stabilizer relocation kit with a fox stabizer. It binds up with the stock tie rod and drag link.

Only for now. Dynatrac will be offering other axle shaft options in the near future including one that will allow you to reuse your outer shafts.

LOL!! We have a bit more filming to do first. Soon though.
    And lockers and gears?

Quote Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
    Eddie, is there any word on a JL axle from Dynatrac that allows us to use our JL fears and lockers like they made for the JK?
    Unfortunately, I don't think so. A vast majority of people who'll upgrade to a ProRock 44 are ones that own a Sport or Sahara. Most of the people with Rubicons typically end up going with something better like an XD60. What I can tell you is that there might be something in the works that's somewhere in between but I couldn't tell you any of the details. That being said, I think you could easily sell a Rubicon front axle and use the money from it to help pay for a ProRock 44.

I have Synergies steering stabilizer relocation kit with a fox stabizer. It binds up with the stock tie rod and drag link.
    Yeah, I talked to them and that's what they told me - that I needed one of their tie-rods too. Needless to say, that's what I have on order now.

Unfortunately, I don't think so. A vast majority of people who'll upgrade to a ProRock 44 are ones that own a Sport or Sahara. Most of the people with Rubicons typically end up going with something better like an XD60. What I can tell you is that there might be something in the works that's somewhere in between but I couldn't tell you any of the details. That being said, I think you could easily sell a Rubicon front axle and use the money from it to help pay for a ProRock 44.

Yeah, I talked to them and that's what they told me - that I needed one of their tie-rods too. Needless to say, that's what I have on order now.
    I would buy a factory rubicon axle!! Iím planning on upgrading my sport setup so Iím looking at new,but if I could get a used in good condition Iíd take it.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Caught the Bug

I have their relocation kit and tie rod but a stock Rubicon draglink.

Iím curious how it binds up?

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast