Taser JL and UConnect Upgrade

DavidDJL69

I recently took my JLUR to the dealer to have the UConnect system upgraded. I unplugged and removed the Taser JL's components before going to the dealer. I just hooked the Taser JL back up and reset my settings on it and discovered that the Off-Road pages app that came with the UConnect upgrade has disappeared and the screen has returned to "stock." Anyone else have this issue? Any information and/or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

DavidDJL69

Is it something from the tazer or something the dealer did?

Thanks for asking. I’m not sure yet. I disconnected the Taser and am currently working with the UConnect people to figure out why the new Offroad pages app just disappeared. It’s like it reset itself to factory defaults or something. I’ll post up, if anyone’s interested, once I figure this out. I haven’t heard of others complaining that the Taser JL impacted anything negatively once installed.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

DavidDJL69

It’s an 18 and I got it in April but the good friend (offroad fab owner/operator) I bought it from, slightly used, who helped me build it bought it new in late January 18. I’ve had no issues with the JL other than wanting the “pages,” getting the update and then having them disappear on me.

13_gecko_rubi

It’s an 18 and I got it in April but the good friend (offroad fab owner/operator) I bought it from, slightly used, who helped me build it bought it new in late January 18. I’ve had no issues with the JL other than wanting the “pages,” getting the update and then having them disappear on me.

There were some issues with the 18s disappearing because the over the air update would take then the server would tell it to remove it. Take it to dealer and have them reflash it. There is a tsb for them to follow to do it. That seems to fix the random ones that disappear.

Sent via....

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just out of curiosity, what version of the Tazer are you running? I'm currently running the most recent beta version they have out and I still have my Off Road Pages. However, I don't seem to have TPMS anymore. :crazyeyes:

DavidDJL69

I updated to the most recent Beta version that I believe came out in January. I have a very wonderful woman from UConnect that’s trying to help resolve this and figure out what’s going on. If I get any resolution from this, I’ll be sure to post it here. I did ask whether disconnecting from Sirius XM Guardian (as the original subscription expired) would have any effect. I still have XM Radio. Why, I’m not sure. But I did want to find out if there’s some connnection between the Sirius stuff and losing my offroad pages.

DavidDJL69

BTW I did contact Z Automotive about this just to see if they had an insight as to whether the Taser was effecting the apps on UConnect. Of course, I didn’t get a reply other than they didn’t think so. But the person who emailed me back wasn’t a “technical expert” but a customer service person. Nice folks but didn’t get very far there.

Wranglerman

Just out of curiosity, what version of the Tazer are you running? I'm currently running the most recent beta version they have out and I still have my Off Road Pages. However, I don't seem to have TPMS anymore. :crazyeyes:

You may want to go back into the Tazer menu to just double check that TPMS is turned on, I made that mistake and fat thumbed it one time and after a restart the TPMS menu was gone

DavidDJL69

UConnect called this morning to inform me they were sending the Offroad Pages to me and that I should start the JL and let it run for about 10 minutes. After about 5 minutes the Offroad Pages app appeared and it works fine. I had an absolutely fantastic woman in the Customer Service area who was a bulldog about my issue and had the integrity to communicate with me and act upon what she said she was going to do every step of the process. They CAN actually “fix” issues with your UConnect apps directly. I started with Jeep, they told me to contact UConnect and I feel very fortunate to have had the luck of the draw with this woman who got the deal done. So I would suggest, if your’e having issues with the UConnect system in your JL to be persistent and hopefully other C.S people will be as competent. Now...to reinstall the JL Taser or not.