Try running non-ethanol gas!

I was dead empty with the dash light on so for giggles I filled my tank with Mobil 89 non-ethanol fuel. I’d run regular 89 once or twice & never noticed a difference, but I’m not gonna lie I can definitely tell that non-ethanol gave me way more pep & even a little more engine growl. Give it a shot!

Jeeeep

I run non-ethanol every chance I get in my 2010 JK and get better performance and mileage

Good to know it also helps in the JL, will have to give it a try :thumb:

I run non-ethanol every chance I get in my 2010 JK and get better performance and mileage

Good to know it also helps in the JL, will have to give it a try :thumb:

Dude I had a 2010 and wish I had known. She was a dog and this may have helped me have a bit more fun.

i doubt it. Ethanol is a corn based additive the government mandated we add. Sell more corn, burn less gasoline. I’m pretty sure it doesn’t burn clean and that’s why there’s so many detergents in gas now. I’m on my second tank getting 17.x average mpg city driving in a stock Sahara. I’ve been mashing it because the engines way more fun. One tank won’t kill you. Run it down & try it.

Roadless

I run ethanol free gas in everything. There is so much demand the one local station that carries it is often out.

Ethanol absorbs moisture from the air; not good for things like lawnmowers and snowblowers, that go a long time between fill-ups!

Maxfly

Run non ethanol in everything especially in motors that sit for extended periods of time. Learned my lesson with a brand new Honda mower. I forgot to drain the line on winter in it and trashed the carb. Now I run it in my Jeep, Harley and things like chain saws, weed whackers etc.
I know the Harley is getting better fuel mileage with it.

WWRuby_Svi

I’ve always been told that ethanol contains about 20-25% less energy by volume. In a standard non performance engine pure gasoline will always outperform an ethanol mixture and you should see better mpg and likely hp.

The perk with ethanol is it is cheaper than gas and why its mixed it with most available gas. It also essentially has a higher octane rating so it boosted applications it begins to outperform gas because you can run higher pressures without knocking.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app