What should I do

Dale72

Caught the Bug
Okay guys help me decide. I will have a couple of bills paid off this year and I will be able to start building up my JK. I'm trying to decide if I should start on the JK or start getting some things for a JL. Keep in mind that I probably won't be able to get a JL until sometime next year

Sent from my SM-G950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JTCO

Meme King
I feel ya. JK or JL regardless, what are your plans for the Jeep long-term?

If you're in a better financial situation with the JK and want to build it and use it, do that. But if it doesn't matter and you want a new project that may cost a little more, do the JL maybe.

As far as getting a new vehicle, we are in a similar situation right now. The WJ is our trail rig and we've sunk more money into it than necessary but no regrets. Our JK is really 'her' JK and that has a bunch of money in it (cosmetic pink shit). That's the daily driver. We just re-geared it last year for practical purposes. However it's at 190k and that's a lot of miles so we're considering getting a new vehicle for reliability. We'll still keep our other Jeeps regardless because I love mine and she loves hers. But as far as road trips, we've had no issues with the JK but there is still risk with the mileage getting higher.

We're Jeep people and that will be our next vehicle without a doubt. Realistically we don't need another vehicle, but the high mileage on the JK does present some risk.

Dale72

Caught the Bug
I feel ya. JK or JL regardless, what are your plans for the Jeep long-term?

If you're in a better financial situation with the JK and want to build it and use it, do that. But if it doesn't matter and you want a new project that may cost a little more, do the JL maybe.

As far as getting a new vehicle, we are in a similar situation right now. The WJ is our trail rig and we've sunk more money into it than necessary but no regrets. Our JK is really 'her' JK and that has a bunch of money in it (cosmetic pink shit). That's the daily driver. We just re-geared it last year for practical purposes. However it's at 190k and that's a lot of miles so we're considering getting a new vehicle for reliability. We'll still keep our other Jeeps regardless because I love mine and she loves hers. But as far as road trips, we've had no issues with the JK but there is still risk with the mileage getting higher.

We're Jeep people and that will be our next vehicle without a doubt. Realistically we don't need another vehicle, but the high mileage on the JK does present some risk.
Yeah my JK will be 3 yrs old the end of March and it has 25k on it. I really don't drive it much. I want to atleast run 37's with that I will have to replace the front axle.

Jeeeep

Yeah my JK will be 3 yrs old the end of March and it has 25k on it. I really don't drive it much. I want to atleast run 37's with that I will have to replace the front axle.

IMO you've got a lot of life in your JK but if you're going to get into a JL within the next year, I wouldn't modify the JK.

You'll get better resale/trade-in value with its low mileage and stock form.

If you decide to modify...JK I'm assuming 2-door? if so, you'll need to add driveshaft to your budget

Why will you have to replace the from axle?

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
IMO you've got a lot of life in your JK but if you're going to get into a JL within the next year, I wouldn't modify the JK.

If you decide to modify...JK I'm assuming 2-door? if so, you'll need to add driveshaft to your budget

He has a four door

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Dale72

Caught the Bug

It has a dana 30 front axle