Heated Steering Wheel Issue

Pasty

Nothing like jumping in the JL on the morning of a -23 degree day to discover the heated steering wheel doesn't work. Pushed the button and the light turned on for a few seconds, then went out. The seats warmed up fine, maybe just a loose fuse or wire? I was happy the engine started right up which is more than I can say about my wife's Lexus.
Thankfully I parked in a heated garage at work today so if the wheel doesn't warm up when I leave I'm off to the dealership...
Anyone else having issues post-polar vortex??

oyasin

Might not work being that cold. I’ve heard of those issues on other vehicles when it’s super cold. Works when it warms up.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I live in MN and left my jeep out all night during this polar vortex in -35 weather. Turned on with remote start and everything heated up fine! Well... tire pressures were low but I think thats just physics! This should be under warranty though right?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Pasty

Checked the fuses and there were a few loose (including the heated wheel). Snugged them up and haven't seen any issues, although it's been significantly warmer so who knows :idontknow: