Hello from East Bay Ca

2EURO

Hello, I wanted to finally introduce myself. I've been researching Jeeps for some time now and felt I could finally say hello. Plus, I wanted to learn all of the lingoes that is Jeep. :D

My names Mark, and I'm currently in the market for a new JLU. I am coming from a Toyota Tundra which I plan to sell springtime and hopefully get into a Rubicon. I'm not new to offroading but am pretty new to Jeep Wranglers. The Rubicon would be the second Jeep that I would own in my lifetime. First one being a second generation Grand Cherokee.

Watching the Wayalife JL Journal was informative. Thank you! And after researching many aftermarket companies, some mentioned in the JL Journal videos and others in forum threads, I think I have a good idea in how I'd like to build my future Rubicon.

Quick question... I'm noticing as I browse my local dealers (and there are a few available to me) seems they all order them a similar way! Very hard to find one that hits all of my points. Seems most have what I'm looking for but are either missing one or two options. Most are missing the Trailer Tow Grp w/ HD Electrical and 4 Aux Switches, some missing the 8.4-Inch Radio and Premium Audio Group, and many dont have the Steel Bumper Group. :doh: And whats even worse is these Rubicons are in the same price range as what I built from Jeep.com 52k-53k. Do these Rubicons have a slight markup?

I'm beginning to wonder if I have to actually order up one with my options.

3.6L White Rubicon
Color match fenders
Body color hard top
8.4 Audio Group
Trailer Tow Group w/4 Aux Switches
Steel Bumper Group

Anyways... hopefully by spring, there will be more available to choose from. In the meantime, I continue to enjoy reading the forums and the mods people are doing and watching the videos. :thumb:

Last edited:

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Welcome to JL Wrangler. I ordered my JL the way I wanted it. I found a dealer that was within a reasonable distance from me who was giving deep discounts on customer orders. I'm sure if you search around you'll be able to do the same.

JeepJL

I know a place that will order for 8% off invoice which is close to 13% off msrp. No catches or gimmicks. Call Kent at Peterson Jeep in Idaho. He’ll hook you up. I bought one and several other friends too. Best experience I’ve ever had buying a vehicle.
Admin: please delete if this is not ok to post.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I know a place that will order for 8% off invoice which is close to 13% off msrp. No catches or gimmicks. Call Kent at Peterson Jeep in Idaho. He’ll hook you up. I bought one and several other friends too. Best experience I’ve ever had buying a vehicle.

Honestly, I think that you can contact pretty much any ChryslerDodgeJeep dealer in Idaho for a great deal. I got mine in Idaho, but at a different dealership that offered free airport shuttle and discount hotel rooms. It was funny because I approached my 3 local dealerships, and none would budge from sticker. In fact one salesperson told me that Idaho deals were a fairytale and that nobody has ever returned with a sales invoice to prove it. I did. LOL.

2EURO

I was curious and checked your dealers inventory. No Rubicons.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Welcome to JLWrangler!

I would order one. I’m down in the valley and haven’t found a JL with options I want in the Bay Area. Check out the Reno area if you don’t want to order one. They have better selection.

Mud Bug

Welcome to JL Wrangler!

As stated before... you can always order one at your dealership of choice. Shop around for deals if you want to.

Also take into consideration that you can do your own aftermarket mods to it. So think about what you would want to/be able to do yourself (like upgrade your bumpers, add auxiliary switches or LED lights)… and be open to looking at the Jeeps that are missing those things (if you are impatient like I am and maybe cannot wait weeks/months to order one)

Just remember that in the end yes, other people will have great deals and I am happy for them. I am also happy with what I got my Jeeps for. As long as you are happy, You are in great shape.

Good luck !

2EURO

Welcome to JL Wrangler!

As stated before... you can always order one at your dealership of choice. Shop around for deals if you want to.

Also take into consideration that you can do your own aftermarket mods to it. So think about what you would want to/be able to do yourself (like upgrade your bumpers, add auxiliary switches or LED lights)… and be open to looking at the Jeeps that are missing those things (if you are impatient like I am and maybe cannot wait weeks/months to order one)

Just remember that in the end yes, other people will have great deals and I am happy for them. I am also happy with what I got my Jeeps for. As long as you are happy, You are in great shape.

Good luck !

Thanks! Yes I know I can always get aftermarket. But if I can get them with the vehicle already, less mods I have to add to the Jeep and focus on the mods I’d like to really upgrade. [emoji16]