Clayton Off Road 2.5 lift kit

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Clayton has always made some decent TJ lifts but I can’t tell you if a single person I know that has run them on the JK or even now on a JL. I know it’s early in the life of the JL so it could be decent.

How’s the price of this kit compared to ones like rancho or evo? I see it doesn’t come with shocks so assuming the kit has shock extensions. If not you need to factor in shocks to that price

mcdvball

Clayton has always made some decent TJ lifts but I can’t tell you if a single person I know that has run them on the JK or even now on a JL. I know it’s early in the life of the JL so it could be decent.

How’s the price of this kit compared to ones like rancho or evo? I see it doesn’t come with shocks so assuming the kit has shock extensions. If not you need to factor in shocks to that price
Thanks Cozdude. The Clayton kit is around the same price as a Mopar kit once you add in the shocks. Their track bars and control arms seem a lot more stout than most out there. Also, I can updrage to Johnny Joints with all 8 arms in the future. I hope someone can chime in with direct experience.

Sent from my SM-G955U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Jeeeep

I've run the JK kit on my 2010 JK since about 8000 miles, I now have about 180k miles

It's taken some abuse and a couple of accidents but the arms have held up great

I replaced the coils with EVO 4" plush when I went to 37's but have since gone back to the Clayton coils and flat fenders.

I'm planning on Clayton for my 2018 JL :thumb:

mcdvball

I've run the JK kit on my 2010 JK since about 8000 miles, I now have about 180k miles

It's taken some abuse and a couple of accidents but the arms have held up great

I replaced the coils with EVO 4" plush when I went to 37's but have since gone back to the Clayton coils and flat fenders.

I'm planning on Clayton for my 2018 JL :thumb:
I'd call that durability. I already have 26k on my JL, I'm gonna need something that lasts. Thanks for the feedback.

Sent from my SM-G955U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

offcamber

I ran Claytons kit on my JK. I wheeled the heck out of it and my parts are now on a two door JK that is still going strong. I also had the Clayton Longarm setup on my WJ and I can't say enough about it. When there is nothing left of that WJ, the CLayton's parts will be all that remains...

mcdvball

I ended up going with their entry level kit. I added the bump stops and steering stabilizer rotation kit. I'm still debating on shocks. The kit arrived last week. I'll update the post as the build continues. Now to determine which shocks to go with.

Jeeeep

I ended up going with their entry level kit. I added the bump stops and steering stabilizer rotation kit. I'm still debating on shocks. The kit arrived last week. I'll update the post as the build continues. Now to determine which shocks to go with.

Clayton does a good job of matching up shocks to their coils.

whatever you go with, make sure they're not too long

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm interested*in the Clayton Off Road 2.5" entry level lift. Can anyone share their experience. Give me the pros and cons. Also*do you have any shock recommendation?

I've installed and tested out their lifts in the past they've been nice. If you upgrade to their control arms, they are square and that seems to bug some people but it's no big deal to me. As far as shocks go, I'd be hard for me to say being that I don't know how their JL springs ride - I'd have to test them out before I could know for sure. Of course, you could always run something like Rancho 9000 adjustable shocks and set them to how you like.

mcdvball

I've installed and tested out their lifts in the past they've been nice. If you upgrade to their control arms, they are square and that seems to bug some people but it's no big deal to me. As far as shocks go, I'd be hard for me to say being that I don't know how their JL springs ride - I'd have to test them out before I could know for sure. Of course, you could always run something like Rancho 9000 adjustable shocks and set them to how you like.
Thanks Eddie! I agree i've narrowed it down to the Rancho 9000 or the Fox 2.0. The lift is sitting in my basement until I pull the trigger on shocks and tires. The entry level kit I went with came with the front upper arms with Johnny joints on ok e end and giiro joints on the other. I would need to order the other six to have it complete. Square or round doesn't matter to me especially since they have a lifetime warranty! I'll post up some pics later as the build goes on.