Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Budget Upgrade

Knows a Thing or Two NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ddays v2 View Post
    Hows the powder coating holding up? I was thinking of applying some kind of wear shield -like this clear Gorilla repair tape to the bottom of the steps and leading edges to keep some of the rocks and road shit off of them. This stuff is thick - it's 7mils

Attachment 8617
    Problem with this is, you're trying to protect the paint but if you ever try and remove said tape, it will probably rip the paint right off.

Quote Originally Posted by ddays v2 View Post
    Hows the powder coating holding up? I was thinking of applying some kind of wear shield -like this clear Gorilla repair tape to the bottom of the steps and leading edges to keep some of the rocks and road shit off of them. This stuff is thick - it's 7mils

Attachment 8617
    I have had zero issues and mine has been covered on road salt and all kinds of crud. Still looks like the day I bought it once I hit it with some water pressure. I am yíall enough to step into the Jeep without the step but my family uses it constantly. No scuffs, scratches, peeling, or anything. Thoroughly impressed thus far.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2018 JLUR Sting Gray

I have the ROAM front bumper and side steps. Currently waiting on the rear bumper/tire carrier. I love the product. It looks great on the JLUR.

Your JL looks great! ROAM caught my eye recently and I have to say...their product looks great.
    The Universe Rewards Action!

Thanks to all for sharing your experiences with the ROAM products.

Knows a Thing or Two NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
    The issue with them seems to be that they got a little too popular a little too fast, and now the lead times and customer service took a dive. It's probably a small outfit and they can't keep up, but in business, overpromising and underdelivering really drives customers away. I hope they figure this out quickly, as they do seem to make nice products.

Iím hoping they make and release a rear bumper without a tire carrier, I currently have the RC spare tire relocate on it and itís the original one they made so it sits low I donít need a bumper with the spare carrier, after the rear bumper I need to work on replacing my headlights and the halogen lamps are lacking so also hoping that an aftermarket plug and play LED lamp shows up soon
    My insurance company asked me if my Jeep was modified and of course I said no...

Quote Originally Posted by Wranglerman View Post
    I need to work on replacing my headlights and the halogen lamps are lacking so also hoping that an aftermarket plug and play LED lamp shows up soon
    I will be doing this soon. Morimoto 2stroke H13 bulbs, morimoto XB turns theretrofitsource.com JL 9Ē halo kit oraclelights.com JL led fogs diodedynamics.com then Iíll get around to buying the mopar led taillights. I agree, halogens suck!

Quote Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC View Post
    The issue with them seems to be that they got a little too popular a little too fast, and now the lead times and customer service took a dive. It's probably a small outfit and they can't keep up, but in business, overpromising and underdelivering really drives customers away. I hope they figure this out quickly, as they do seem to make nice products.
    I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with their service - it was great. They sent me a follow up email asking me to unpack right away and notify them of any shipping damages. Add these steps came ridiculously well packed.
    Honestly, it was a pain in the ass to unpack them they were so bundled up! Jeeps on the way so I will be able to post up pics as well once I get em on

Hooked
    tried to order a bumper but they are out of stock.

At least it didn't allow me to order it.

I've dealt with other companies who took the order, processed payment then informed me of backorder weeks later...so kudos to ROAM

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast