Budget Upgrade

Wranglerman

Have disliked the plastic bumper on my JLU Sahara from early on but did not want a big beefy bumper and glad I waited as I walked into a pretty decent deal on a complete setup

Here is the before shot

D4FECC52-70A7-4A13-BF8A-23132B27B22C.jpg

And here is the after shots with the following

ROAM Slimline with short bull bar
RC Pro 9500 winch with synthetic line and Factor 55 Flatlink
RC 20” CREE light bar
Some nice red matching D ring shackles and isolators

82021C78-CB0C-485A-818E-1BBD51B6AEE3.jpg
951F8C9B-F098-4404-9628-C0983B917884.jpg
7E72C0BF-40CB-4B12-B123-503BB2F659AB.jpg
6E369C0C-F262-44EE-975B-68228808D4FF.jpg
F6137E96-903E-435F-AEC8-38197768BBD8.jpg

Very pleased with the outcome and the local shop here in Houston did a great job, the guy that owns the shop is super to work with and always does it right, now I need to work on replacing the DRL’s and headlamps with LED’s so looking for suggestions for aftermarket

MoparMari

Might've just sold me on this bumper. I've been looking since October and haven't found the perfect one. This just might be it.

ddays v2

Looks great on there! I'm impressed with the quality of the ROAM pieces. I have their slider/steps waiting to be installed. Nice quality and good looking welds. Not as nice as the ones on my JK bumper I have from Full Metal Fabworks, but still nice.

dixonk

Looks great on there! I'm impressed with the quality of the ROAM pieces. I have their slider/steps waiting to be installed. Nice quality and good looking welds. Not as nice as the ones on my JK bumper I have from Full Metal Fabworks, but still nice.

I’ve been running the step sliders for a couple months now. Awesome product. Install was under an hour with simple hand tools. I didn’t hook the lights up though, just removed them and threw them in my drawer.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Wranglerman

I had looked and looked at several bumpers and always kept coming back to the ROAM slim with the low bar, I forfeited my factory halogen fogs for the light bar and as bright as it is I won’t be able to use it like I did with the fog lights on the open road so I need to find a brighter headlamp than my current halogen headlamps, the winch was also something I honestly did not need but I got the whole package installed by a local shop here in Houston for a great price as they were all demo items so to speak so with them not being new out of the box items I saved a fair amount

ddays v2

I’ve been running the step sliders for a couple months now. Awesome product. Install was under an hour with simple hand tools. I didn’t hook the lights up though, just removed them and threw them in my drawer.

Hows the powder coating holding up? I was thinking of applying some kind of wear shield -like this clear Gorilla repair tape to the bottom of the steps and leading edges to keep some of the rocks and road shit off of them. This stuff is thick - it's 7mils

HD_2275.jpg

NFRs2000NYC

Hows the powder coating holding up? I was thinking of applying some kind of wear shield -like this clear Gorilla repair tape to the bottom of the steps and leading edges to keep some of the rocks and road shit off of them. This stuff is thick - it's 7mils

View attachment 8617

Problem with this is, you're trying to protect the paint but if you ever try and remove said tape, it will probably rip the paint right off.

dixonk

View attachment 8617

I have had zero issues and mine has been covered on road salt and all kinds of crud. Still looks like the day I bought it once I hit it with some water pressure. I am y’all enough to step into the Jeep without the step but my family uses it constantly. No scuffs, scratches, peeling, or anything. Thoroughly impressed thus far.

wibornz

I have the ROAM front bumper and side steps. Currently waiting on the rear bumper/tire carrier. I love the product. It looks great on the JLUR.

NFRs2000NYC

The issue with them seems to be that they got a little too popular a little too fast, and now the lead times and customer service took a dive. It's probably a small outfit and they can't keep up, but in business, overpromising and underdelivering really drives customers away. I hope they figure this out quickly, as they do seem to make nice products.

Wranglerman

I’m hoping they make and release a rear bumper without a tire carrier, I currently have the RC spare tire relocate on it and it’s the original one they made so it sits low I don’t need a bumper with the spare carrier, after the rear bumper I need to work on replacing my headlights and the halogen lamps are lacking so also hoping that an aftermarket plug and play LED lamp shows up soon

Spack

I need to work on replacing my headlights and the halogen lamps are lacking so also hoping that an aftermarket plug and play LED lamp shows up soon

I will be doing this soon. Morimoto 2stroke H13 bulbs, morimoto XB turns theretrofitsource.com JL 9” halo kit oraclelights.com JL led fogs diodedynamics.com then I’ll get around to buying the mopar led taillights. I agree, halogens suck!

ddays v2

The issue with them seems to be that they got a little too popular a little too fast, and now the lead times and customer service took a dive. It's probably a small outfit and they can't keep up, but in business, overpromising and underdelivering really drives customers away. I hope they figure this out quickly, as they do seem to make nice products.

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with their service - it was great. They sent me a follow up email asking me to unpack right away and notify them of any shipping damages. Add these steps came ridiculously well packed.
Honestly, it was a pain in the ass to unpack them they were so bundled up! Jeeps on the way so I will be able to post up pics as well once I get em on

Jeeeep

tried to order a bumper but they are out of stock.

At least it didn't allow me to order it.

I've dealt with other companies who took the order, processed payment then informed me of backorder weeks later...so kudos to ROAM :thumb: