Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Budget Upgrade

Budget Upgrade

Have disliked the plastic bumper on my JLU Sahara from early on but did not want a big beefy bumper and glad I waited as I walked into a pretty decent deal on a complete setup

Here is the before shot

D4FECC52-70A7-4A13-BF8A-23132B27B22C.jpg

And here is the after shots with the following

ROAM Slimline with short bull bar
    RC Pro 9500 winch with synthetic line and Factor 55 Flatlink
    RC 20Ē CREE light bar
    Some nice red matching D ring shackles and isolators

82021C78-CB0C-485A-818E-1BBD51B6AEE3.jpg
    951F8C9B-F098-4404-9628-C0983B917884.jpg
    7E72C0BF-40CB-4B12-B123-503BB2F659AB.jpg
    6E369C0C-F262-44EE-975B-68228808D4FF.jpg
    F6137E96-903E-435F-AEC8-38197768BBD8.jpg

Very pleased with the outcome and the local shop here in Houston did a great job, the guy that owns the shop is super to work with and always does it right, now I need to work on replacing the DRLís and headlamps with LEDís so looking for suggestions for aftermarket
    My insurance company asked me if my Jeep was modified and of course I said no...

That looks really nice!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Fresh Catch
    Might've just sold me on this bumper. I've been looking since October and haven't found the perfect one. This just might be it.

I agree,looks great.

Big difference. Looks great!

Been Around the Block CanadaJeep's Avatar
    Looks good.
    SCOTT *lllllll*
    2018 STING GRAY JL SPORT

Looks great on there! I'm impressed with the quality of the ROAM pieces. I have their slider/steps waiting to be installed. Nice quality and good looking welds. Not as nice as the ones on my JK bumper I have from Full Metal Fabworks, but still nice.

Budget Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by ddays v2 View Post
    Looks great on there! I'm impressed with the quality of the ROAM pieces. I have their slider/steps waiting to be installed. Nice quality and good looking welds. Not as nice as the ones on my JK bumper I have from Full Metal Fabworks, but still nice.
    Iíve been running the step sliders for a couple months now. Awesome product. Install was under an hour with simple hand tools. I didnít hook the lights up though, just removed them and threw them in my drawer.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2018 JLUR Sting Gray

I had looked and looked at several bumpers and always kept coming back to the ROAM slim with the low bar, I forfeited my factory halogen fogs for the light bar and as bright as it is I wonít be able to use it like I did with the fog lights on the open road so I need to find a brighter headlamp than my current halogen headlamps, the winch was also something I honestly did not need but I got the whole package installed by a local shop here in Houston for a great price as they were all demo items so to speak so with them not being new out of the box items I saved a fair amount
    My insurance company asked me if my Jeep was modified and of course I said no...

Quote Originally Posted by dixonk View Post
    I’ve been running the step sliders for a couple months now. Awesome product. Install was under an hour with simple hand tools. I didn’t hook the lights up though, just removed them and threw them in my drawer.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Hows the powder coating holding up? I was thinking of applying some kind of wear shield -like this clear Gorilla repair tape to the bottom of the steps and leading edges to keep some of the rocks and road shit off of them. This stuff is thick - it's 7mils

HD_2275.jpg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast