What will I need with Mopar 2" lift

GeauxEagles88

I've read a bunch of topics and opinions on the Mopar 2" lift with Fox shocks. I have a chance to buy a new, unused kit for $600 vs. $1569 new. All parts appear to be there. I know there are better, more complete kids out there, but It's just too good a deal to pass up.
Question is this: what else do I need to complete the kit?
(I've read adj trackbars front and rear, adj LCA, rear trackbar bracket (raised), front spring perches, front brake line drop brackets.)
What brands/parts would you recommend? Which of these are MUST install and which are recommended to install?
Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Jetboy

I have the kit installed exactly the way it came from Jeep. I really like mine. On a rubicon. Jlu.
Running stock wheels and stt pro 37x12.5’s. Other I’m sure others will say I need to add the above items, but mine drives great so far.

I am wanting look at my brake lines at full extension.

Last edited:

GeauxEagles88

I have the kit installed exactly the way it came from Jeep. I really like mine. On a rubicon. Jlu.
Running stock wheels and stt pro 37x12.5’s. Other I’m sure others will say I need to add the above items, but mine drives great so far.

I am wanting look at my brake lines at full extension.

Thanks! Did you notice the track being offset at all after lifting. My teraflex 2.5" lift on my JK was a nice lift, but I noticed the offset from the very beginning. I purchased JKS front and rear adj trackbars and it was instantly better... Just curious.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
While there will be an axle shift, it's far from being a problem and no adjustable track bar is "needed". Now, if it bugs you to look at it, that's a different issue altogether.

JeepJL

You might want to look at getting some adjustable lower control arms. The ones that come with the kit only get your caster to about 3-3.5 degrees and the steering can feel not so nice. Getting another degree of caster can really make a lot of difference in the road manners. Just a suggestion.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You might want to look at getting some adjustable lower control arms. The ones that come with the kit only get your caster to about 3-3.5 degrees and the steering can feel not so nice. Getting another degree of caster can really make a lot of difference in the road manners. Just a suggestion.

Wow, really? So, are they essentially stock length?

JeepJL

Wow, really? So, are they essentially stock length?

I don’t know why they didn’t make them longer but they are only about 1/8” difference.when you put it on the rack it’s in spec but on the low end. Another thing is this lift is more like a 3”. It measures within a 1/4” of my Rock Krawler 3.5”. I’m almost 1/2” longer on my arms and that gets me to 5.8 degrees caster. [emoji848]

Last edited:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I don’t know why they didn’t make them longer but they are only about 1/8” difference.when you put it on the rack it’s in spec but on the low end. Another thing is this lift is more like a 3”. It measures within a 1/4” of my Rock Krawler 3.5”. I’m almost 1/2” longer on my arms and that gets me to 5.8 degrees caster. [emoji848]

For the cost of the kit, you’d think you’d get adjustable control arms.

GeauxEagles88

For these reasons and after much research I decided to pass. It's a great deal for someone, but after $50k on the Jeep, I decided not to "settle" on the lift. I'll just wait and get over the financial butthurt and get the one I really want. Thanks for the input!

Roky

For these reasons and after much research I decided to pass. It's a great deal for someone, but after $50k on the Jeep, I decided not to "settle" on the lift. I'll just wait and get over the financial butthurt and get the one I really want. Thanks for the input!

Hey man, new to your forum, but I have the Mopar lift, and it’s working out great. I did add front and rear adjustable track bars, adjustable front lower control arms, and dual shock stabilizer. My rig drives and steers great, no wandering or bump steer, wobble etc... the sweet spot for castor seems to be around 6. I’m running 6.5 on mine. My point is that you’re getting the kit so cheap, that you can add these items for another 500 and have a really nice lift, that will have all the components you’ll need that would cost you twice that otherwise. Just a thought.

JP223/3USA

Hey man, new to your forum, but I have the Mopar lift, and it’s working out great. I did add front and rear adjustable track bars, adjustable front lower control arms, and dual shock stabilizer. My rig drives and steers great, no wandering or bump steer, wobble etc... the sweet spot for castor seems to be around 6. I’m running 6.5 on mine. My point is that you’re getting the kit so cheap, that you can add these items for another 500 and have a really nice lift, that will have all the components you’ll need that would cost you twice that otherwise. Just a thought.

Welcome to JLWrangler forum

Jetboy

I flexed mine out hard yesterday. Really not any issues. I did get a slight rub on the left front, but I was a bit harsh on the bump. I have not seen the track issue. Though I understand it is there.

Just to add, after a lot of posts and questions. I decided to go mopar mostly to hold true to the lifetime warranty. We will see how well that works with my great dealer relationship. I intend to hold them to the contract. But I’m not sad with my decision. I don’t plan to change much out of the mopar accessories list.
We truly love the JL. And got several Wth do you have that high dollar Jeep out here for comments yesterday. I have decided rivers and waterfalls are my favorite. I see lots of milky fluid in my future. But it was a very memorable day for me. This thing is a tank!

Also I want to give a shout out if it’s ok (eddie)?
I really like these cooper stt pros. My buddy also has 35’s and loves them. We both have a UT code tire that is made by our friends in Texarkana AR! American made and awesome! Thanks to the guys and gals there[emoji481].

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile appIMG_2594.jpgIMG_2557.jpg

Last edited:

NFRs2000NYC

I've read a bunch of topics and opinions on the Mopar 2" lift with Fox shocks. I have a chance to buy a new, unused kit for $600 vs. $1569 new. All parts appear to be there. I know there are better, more complete kids out there, but It's just too good a deal to pass up.
Question is this: what else do I need to complete the kit?
(I've read adj trackbars front and rear, adj LCA, rear trackbar bracket (raised), front spring perches, front brake line drop brackets.)
What brands/parts would you recommend? Which of these are MUST install and which are recommended to install?
Thanks in advance!

You can run it as is, but if you want a flawless install, you'll want the RK spring perches, as the Mopar ones cause bowing, possibly a front adjustable track bar or trackbar bracket, and that's about it. I am considering this lift myself as I like the larger 2.5" shocks, and while the lift yields more lift than I'd like, I tend to make my jeeps run a tad heavy (bumper, winch, rear bumper, carrier, 37" tire, etc) so I expect to have a nice amount of built in sag that will get me to the 2.25" of ACTUAL lift.

Last edited: