Gladiator commercial

JTCO

Meme King
I'm going to convince myself that it was all special effects. Cool idea for a commercial though.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, that was painful to watch even if it were done with special effects.

Also, I hate to say it but I'm still having a hard time with the JT being called a Gladiator. Not saying that I don't like the JT or that I won't get one but nothing about it says "full size truck" to me.

I suspect that was all computer graphics. At least I hope the suspension would move a bit easier than the force it takes for the cab to collapse.

I kinda like the gladiator name, it seems like it is epic enough it will discourage them from growing Jeep into Ram Truck (since they would have to top the name).

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Piginajeep

Also, I hate to say it but I'm still having a hard time with the JT being called a Gladiator. Not saying that I don't like the JT or that I won't get one but nothing about it says "full size truck" to me.

I don’t care if they called it a terd catcher. As long as it’s being built.

What’s the tow capacity of the original Gladiator? I bet the JT has more or close to the same.

2012 JK8
1958 FC170
1954 M38A1

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I’m not thrilled they destroyed the original

2012 JK8
1958 FC170
1954 M38A1

Yeah I hope they didn’t crush that gem! Looked clean. I could have found them a rust bucket to do that with.

Same here. I cringed when they put the old boy in the crusher. That commercial made my stomach hurt.

Last edited:

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Turns out they're catching a lot of shit for scrapping genuine old iron. Jeep responded to the criticism on YouTube with the following statement...

“We feel you. However, the older Gladiator in the video was unsalvageable and was sourced via an online scrap sales site."

Jeep has also updated there official YouTube channel with the following statement:

"This inoperable 1963 Jeep Gladiator depicted here was sourced via an online scrap sales site. We wish we could have driven it while it was still alive!"

Piginajeep

Yeah that’s bullshit. Whoever made this commercial obviously doesn’t know their fan base.

2012 JK8
1958 FC170
1954 M38A1

Last edited:

StingRubi19

For not looking in bad shape at all I'd like to know what they define "unsalvageable" as.
Glad I dont view my 48 CJ2A the way they did that old iron.
I like the idea they had with the commercial, just wish crushing the older Gladiator was animated.
I do like their other commercial though.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JP223/3USA

Jeep should have designed the JT a little better to differentiate itself from the JL. I would consider trading my JL if they kept some of the old design with a little bit of technology.

Unsalvageable? They should stone those assholes who let this happen. Hell, I would’ve put that truck in my garage and just admired the history of an “unsalvageable” Jeep.

Last edited:

YAHAHA

A lot of people offended here yet none of them found this old iron at the salvage site and rescued it.

Their dollar, their choice of what to do with it. Just like your dollar, build your Jeep the way you like it!

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.