JT supertop

JTCO

Meme King
Interesting. I think it will appeal to some people. Not for me. I'm just going to go with the standard rolling Tonneau cover. I had a Truxedo on my F350 and loved it.

YAHAHA

I like it.

My concern would be it getting ripped when folded up and hauling wood or other sharp-edged items.

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.

Piginajeep

Interesting. I think it will appeal to some people. Not for me. I'm just going to go with the standard rolling Tonneau cover. I had a Truxedo on my F350 and loved it.

I can see how useful this will be camping. It’s just ugly.

2012 JK8
1958 FC170
1954 M38A1

JTCO

Meme King
I can see how useful this will be camping. It’s just ugly.

2012 JK8
1958 FC170
1954 M38A1

We have some friends with a Toyota Tacoma with one very similar. They love it for their dogs and for camping. Like you said, I don't like the look of it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I already have a JL Wrangler with a soft top. I like my trucks being, you know, trucks. As far as camping goes, just install a tent over the bed.

Brute

It will probably appeal to a few people...my Brute originally came with a tonneau cover, but when I went to 37's and had to put the spare in the bed, I eventually ditched it and put a cage in the bed. I did have the 37 in the bed flat with the cover on for a short while, but it took up all the usable space in the bed. When I installed the cage (originally to protect the rear passengers which were my daughters), I mounted the spare vertically, which gave me room to put in a lockable box which also protected my recovery gear, tools and fluids from the rain in Seattle...

JTCO

Meme King
It will probably appeal to a few people...my Brute originally came with a tonneau cover, but when I went to 37's and had to put the spare in the bed, I eventually ditched it and put a cage in the bed. I did have the 37 in the bed flat with the cover on for a short while, but it took up all the usable space in the bed. When I installed the cage (originally to protect the rear passengers which were my daughters), I mounted the spare vertically, which gave me room to put in a lockable box which also protected my recovery gear, tools and fluids from the rain in Seattle...

I like the look of the cargo in your Brute but I still want to be able to load plywood etc with ease. I'm already thinking of ideas in my head on what to do. I won't be wheeling this thing much, so if I can fit a 37 underneath, I just may. I think 37s will look better but hoping to see a few get purchased and built to see what 35s look like.

Brute

I like the look of the cargo in your Brute but I still want to be able to load plywood etc with ease. I'm already thinking of ideas in my head on what to do. I won't be wheeling this thing much, so if I can fit a 37 underneath, I just may. I think 37s will look better but hoping to see a few get purchased and built to see what 35s look like.

I don't think you will be able to fit a 37 underneath between the frame rails...however, you could mount bars above and across the top of the bed rails to mount the spare to, and still be able to slide plywood or drywall into the bed.

Since my daughters no longer ride with me on wheeling trips, I'm thinking of removing my existing cage, make something similar to what I've described above...but mount the tire flat in the bed so I can put a James Baroud rtt on the bars, but still keep the cog lower than mounting on top of the roof...I'm thinking of making it be able to raise it on gas struts so it would be easier to access the tire and tools bags inside...and when in the down position, the rtt acts like a cover to keep the weather out of the bed...I'm still penciling the design...basically copying the platform from my Xventure trailer...

trailer1.jpg

Piginajeep

I don’t remember where I stole this from. Not a fan of roof racks though. But I like it IMG_0951.JPG

2019 MP
2012 JK8
1958 FC170
1954 M38A1

JTCO

Meme King
I don't think you will be able to fit a 37 underneath between the frame rails...however, you could mount bars above and across the top of the bed rails to mount the spare to, and still be able to slide plywood or drywall into the bed.

Since my daughters no longer ride with me on wheeling trips, I'm thinking of removing my existing cage, make something similar to what I've described above...but mount the tire flat in the bed so I can put a James Baroud rtt on the bars, but still keep the cog lower than mounting on top of the roof...I'm thinking of making it be able to raise it on gas struts so it would be easier to access the tire and tools bags inside...and when in the down position, the rtt acts like a cover to keep the weather out of the bed...I'm still penciling the design...basically copying the platform from my Xventure trailer...

View attachment 8985

I've actually been eyeing your JK6 method. I would love to build something like that. This truck will be my DD but we will use it on road trips so I need the cargo protected with a cover but definitely am not ditching the spare. Come to think of it, you should just store your Jeep at my house so I can keep looking at it as I gather ideas.

Brute

I've actually been eyeing your JK6 method. I would love to build something like that. This truck will be my DD but we will use it on road trips so I need the cargo protected with a cover but definitely am not ditching the spare. Come to think of it, you should just store your Jeep at my house so I can keep looking at it as I gather ideas.

That's a good idea...why didn't I think of that?...or, you can talk your wife into hitting EJS for a week for an in depth consultation...

JTCO

Meme King
.....or, you can talk your wife into hitting EJS for a week for an in depth consultation...

Lol. I've never been so I don't want to be too judgemental, but I don't see us going. We bought jeeps to GET AWAY from people. I grew up going to off-road racing down in the sand dunes in AZ and Glamis. I don't miss it one bit, too crowded.