Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This is fogged up!

This is fogged up!

I think I found the reason my JL Wrangler rear defogger doesn't work. The rear defogger tab seems to have lost its grip on the heating element grid. Has anyone else run into this issue? Looks like there isn't enough solder on the connector. Looking forward to talking to my dealer about this!

20190112_091826.jpg
    The Universe Rewards Action!

Been Around the Block
    Same issue on my last two Jeeps.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by JeepFan View Post
    I think I found the reason my JL Wrangler rear defogger doesn't work. The rear defogger tab seems to have lost its grip on the heating element grid. Has anyone else run into this issue? Looks like there isn't enough solder on the connector. Looking forward to talking to my dealer about this!

20190112_091826.jpg
    Mine looks exactly the same. Took it to the dealership about a month ago and they ordered me a new rear window. But of course they are on back order.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I know it's under warranty and you may not want to mess with it, but there is a kit out there that a local auto parts store carries. It works well.

https://www.jbtoolsales.com/loctite-...saAphQEALw_wcB

eeee.jpg

Nothing but a Thing doubletapdaddy's Avatar
    Yes, they will order a backordered rear window. I have read where some have had their claim denied by service departments who think that you have sanded the window in an attempt to repair yourself. If this happens, be sure to have them look at other JLs on the lot as they should all have that sanded appearance.

Yes, its a know issue by Jeep and they will fix it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2018 Jeep JLUR, Granite Crystal Metallic, Automatic, 2" Mopar Suspension Lift, 37x12x17 Toyo Open Country R/T Tires.

It's such a bummer to see poor quality like this. I would expect to see Jeep fix it but it's still something that you have to take time out of your day and who knows how long it will be before it can get fixed.

Knows a Thing or Two NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
    Been going on since the JK days. There is a lot of stress placed over the connector because of a poor design. A pre-emptive solution is to add more glue around the outside while the connector is still on the window. Supposedly, they are trying to change the connector out to keep the stress off of it, but as of now, they will just replace the rear window with the same exact connector, so it will happen again.

See this daily on a lot of the gm vehicles. What WJCO posted is similar to the permatex one we use to resodor the tab back onto the rear window.

IMG_9992.jpg

I am not sure I have even used mine once so maybe I need to turn it on and let it stay on to see if it pops off once heated, if I were to have an issue how long would it take to show up
    My insurance company asked me if my Jeep was modified and of course I said no...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast