This is fogged up!

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thanks for the info. I may eventually have to go this route when the tab on the replacement glass breaks off. :doh:

Just ran into another one just now at work on a 15 Yukon [emoji849]
Image1548790104.512217.jpg
And here is how the adhesive works. Basically resoders it on. Can’t use the rear defroster for 24 hours
Image1548790530.324393.jpg

WiscoHR

This ^^^ The tab breaking off is just another quality issue added to my long list of issues with the JL. The biggest issue is the dealer can't look at it for almost four weeks. "Who knows how long it will be before it can get fixed." :crazyeyes:

Oh well, it's still a fun vehicle to drive!

It should be a quick stop at dealership and have them document it and send in for replacement glass. Jeep won’t let them fix them. That’s all I had to do, but have been waiting a month for the glass. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

NFRs2000NYC

It should be a quick stop at dealership and have them document it and send in for replacement glass. Jeep won’t let them fix them. That’s all I had to do, but have been waiting a month for the glass. Lol

I did. They are ordering a new window for me.

Sent from my SM-N950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

The issue with this is, they will replace the glass, and then it will happen again, sometimes shortly after, and it's a never ending process of annoyance.

JP223/3USA

This ^^^ The tab breaking off is just another quality issue added to my long list of issues with the JL. The biggest issue is the dealer can't look at it for almost four weeks. "Who knows how long it will be before it can get fixed." :crazyeyes:

Oh well, it's still a fun vehicle to drive!

With my JK, I called the dealership to schedule an appointment for any issues. Now, I skip the call and just show up in the service line. I’ve done this many times and they were forced to look at my issues.

Last edited:

WiscoHR

I think I found the reason my JL Wrangler rear defogger doesn't work. The rear defogger tab seems to have lost its grip on the heating element grid. Has anyone else run into this issue? Looks like there isn't enough solder on the connector. Looking forward to talking to my dealer about this! :crazyeyes:

View attachment 8503

Just wanted to give you an update. I had the same issue and the new rear glass was ordered late December. Just got the call today that it is in. They are installing it next Wednesday. So took right around 2 months to get it.