New Dynatrac and New Patagonia Tires and have steering shimmy

Bsimon187

Lol. You'll likely find they do 'work.' But as far as necessary or even worth it to a majority of Jeep owners, that's debatable. :crazyeyes:

Spot on here. They are needed/common in a lot of other automotive markets. Ran them on my 6.4 Hemi chargers as well as my track cars and they def. did what they were intended for. Will it be necessary in a JL? Probably not, but def. adds some small functionality.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Bear_JT

What’s your problem dude. Why are you so defensive? Oh that’s right you are all mighty off road man. I didn’t come here to be insulted, just trying to gain knowledge. Your comments are shit. You always bash anything you haven’t tested. There ugly, there Chinese, I’ve never seen them in rocks, etc. Then you get all your followers to gain up on a guy. No, my mind isn’t made up. Just another one of you and your groupies opinions. Take your channels and shove them. I know, you don’t need me. Please band me from your sites.

This will be the last time you ge t to bash me. It would recommend others do the same.

Thanks

What the hell is this dudes problem? Must have had smoke come out of his catch can while testing out his Patagonias.

dixonk

What’s your problem dude. Why are you so defensive? Oh that’s right you are all mighty off road man. I didn’t come here to be insulted, just trying to gain knowledge. Your comments are shit. You always bash anything you haven’t tested. There ugly, there Chinese, I’ve never seen them in rocks, etc. Then you get all your followers to gain up on a guy. No, my mind isn’t made up. Just another one of you and your groupies opinions. Take your channels and shove them. I know, you don’t need me. Please band me from your sites.

This will be the last time you ge t to bash me. It would recommend others do the same.

Thanks

someone-quick-get.jpg

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass

Thanks

This is his site you dumb fuck. And it’s ban not band. We are bringing back journey. They took some other Asian guy.

Tubbydude

LOL, this is great stuff![emoji854] Personally I bought the tires because they were on sale. I’m not a hard core crawler. Was looking at buying the Cooper STT pros and these were less expensive at the time and saw a couple of reviews that said they were good on snow and ice. If I can’t get them balanced then I’ll post them on Craigslist and get the Coopers.

I love the passion people have for “made in America”. When I got these tires I missed that because I was thinking with my wallet instead.

LOL, this is great stuff![emoji854] Personally I bought the tires because they were on sale. I’m not a hard core crawler. Was looking at buying the Cooper STT pros and these were less expensive at the time and saw a couple of reviews that said they were good on snow and ice. If I can’t get them balanced then I’ll post them on Craigslist and get the Coopers.

I love the passion people have for “made in America”. When I got these tires I missed that because I was thinking with my wallet instead.

wow this thread went off course quick. I usually do not post but in reading this thread I can see how opinion can influence ones decision without further research.
I too purchased the Patagonia 38's, and comparing to my Nittos, Coopers and Toyos I can say they are an awesome tire. Yes they are a China tire but on that subject I suggest everyone research where the rubber that makes tires comes from and ISO standards all tire components must go through. As far as the tires performance I live in the Pacific Northwest Washington State at the base of Mt Rainer. I wheel in Mud, Snow and Rock. We have the sharp rock that has been discussed here and these tires hold up very well. I can run these tires at 8 to 10 psi on the trails and have not had bead blow out yet. " I run kmc wheels without beadlock". They grip like no other tire I've experienced in wet rock and dry, I can crawl up like a turtle while most of my friends have to gun it up and over an obstacles. I purchased these because I was looking for a C rated 38 tire that would flex unlike a D rated 37 and these tires have not disappointed. In Snow they are grippy and provide more confidence then one should really have while overlooking 2000 foot drop off "been there done that don't recommend" and in the mud and clay they don't gum up and they sip out debris. Ice is another story being 13.5 they do float and require a steady foot on pedal but deflating to lower psi does help this a bit on road. Yes they are a quit tire even after 20k miles and rotation every 5K. Not trying to be opinianated just giving a hands on review of these tires. I do and will recommend these tires in the future.

JTCO

Meme King
dǝǝɾuoɔıqnɹ;39850 said:
wow this thread went off course quick. I usually do not post but in reading this thread I can see how opinion can influence ones decision without further research.
I too purchased the Patagonia 38's, and comparing to my Nittos, Coopers and Toyos I can say they are an awesome tire. Yes they are a China tire but on that subject I suggest everyone research where the rubber that makes tires comes from and ISO standards all tire components must go through. As far as the tires performance I live in the Pacific Northwest Washington State at the base of Mt Rainer. I wheel in Mud, Snow and Rock. We have the sharp rock that has been discussed here and these tires hold up very well. I can run these tires at 8 to 10 psi on the trails and have not had bead blow out yet. " I run kmc wheels without beadlock". They grip like no other tire I've experienced in wet rock and dry, I can crawl up like a turtle while most of my friends have to gun it up and over an obstacles. I purchased these because I was looking for a C rated 38 tire that would flex unlike a D rated 37 and these tires have not disappointed. In Snow they are grippy and provide more confidence then one should really have while overlooking 2000 foot drop off "been there done that don't recommend" and in the mud and clay they don't gum up and they sip out debris. Ice is another story being 13.5 they do float and require a steady foot on pedal but deflating to lower psi does help this a bit on road. Yes they are a quit tire even after 20k miles and rotation every 5K. Not trying to be opinianated just giving a hands on review of these tires. I do and will recommend these tires in the future.

Welcome to JL Wrangler. Glad to have you here. :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
dǝǝɾuoɔıqnɹ;39850 said:

LOL - I can see how opinions can influence ones decision to buy something without further research and clearly, it's a good thing you signed up to make this your very first post. I mean, if you recommend these tires, everyone and their mother should want them too and based on your word alone. BTW, welcome to JLWRANGLER. :crazyeyes:

Rgk401

LOL - I can see how opinions can influence ones decision to buy something without further research and clearly, it's a good thing you signed up to make this your very first post. I mean, if you recommend these tires, everyone and their mother should want them too and based on your word alone. BTW, welcome to JLWRANGLER. :crazyeyes:

I'm willing to bet my left nut and my jeep jl that he's a spokesman for the company!! Lmfao welcome to the wayalife family.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm willing to bet my left nut and my jeep jl that he's a spokesman for the company!! Lmfao welcome to the wayalife family.

LOL!! Maybe but to me, he sounds more like a guy who chose to buy cheap Chinese tires and is now feeling the need to justify his purchase. I mean really, who comes on an internet forum to make this their very first post.

LOL!! Maybe but to me, he sounds more like a guy who chose to buy cheap Chinese tires and is now feeling the need to justify his purchase. I mean really, who comes on an internet forum to make this their very first post.

I really don't give 2 shits if everyones mother goes and buys them. I gave an honest opinion from 20K miles of experience as this thread was lacking in people who actually run them. if you don't like my opinion about my tires that's fine keep running your coppers. I ran plenty of Cooper tires and and have had issues on 2 different sets. but I realize you praise them and think they are the best thing since slice bread and that is fine with me. Nitto would be my brand if I was not running the Patagonias but again to each their own.

I just joined in December exactly what thread should I Make my first thread. I had something to contribute I did end of story. I realize you are the owner/slash moderator of the site but you do come across more opinionated/marketer then most so you might want to watch the pot calling the kettle black moments.

ill keep running my cheap Chinese tires and loving them

JTCO

Meme King
dǝǝɾuoɔıqnɹ;39867 said:
I really don't give 2 shits if everyones mother goes and buys them. I gave an honest opinion from 20K miles of experience as this thread was lacking in people who actually run them. if you don't like my opinion about my tires that's fine keep running your coppers. I ran plenty of Cooper tires and and have had issues on 2 different sets. but I realize you praise them and think they are the best thing since slice bread and that is fine with me. Nitto would be my brand if I was not running the Patagonias but again to each their own.

I just joined in December exactly what thread should I Make my first thread. I had something to contribute I did end of story. I realize you are the owner/slash moderator of the site but you do come across more opinionated/marketer then most so you might want to watch the pot calling the kettle black moments.

Wow, calm down kid. No one told you to do otherwise. Glad you're happy with your tires. :beer:

Wow, calm down kid. No one told you to do otherwise. Glad you're happy with your tires. :beer:

first at 47 not a kid. second not upset at all. was bashed with being a sales/fanboy I responded in due course. this is suppose to be a forum about sharing experience correct. but thanks for the concern.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
dǝǝɾuoɔıqnɹ;39867 said:
I really don't give 2 shits if everyones mother goes and buys them.

:cheesy: And yet, here you are again and just to say as much.

I gave an honest opinion from 20K miles of experience as this thread was lacking in people who actually run them.

You make it sound like anyone would or should care. Maybe if we actually knew who you were or at the very least, you posted up PROOF of what you had to say, you might be taken more seriously.

if you don't like my opinion about my tires that's fine keep running your coppers. I ran plenty of Cooper tires and and have had issues on 2 different sets.

Wow, not sure how you were able to go through 2 sets of STT Pros. I'm still on my first set and I rack up a lot of miles. But hey, if you said so on the internet, it must be true.

but I realize you praise them and think they are the best thing since slice bread and that is fine with me.

Actually, all I can do is share my experience with them AND back them up with 3 years of photos and videos of how they perform. People can decide for themselves how well they do based on what they see. Of course, unlike your self-proclaimed badassness, I'm just a mall crawler so there's that. :yup:

Nitto would be my brand if I was not running the Patagonias but again to each their own.

Well look at that, something we both agree on. Nittos or Toyos would still be the brand I'd run if not for what I'm running now.

I just joined in December exactly what thread should I Make my first thread. I had something to contribute I did end of story.

Ummm, most normal people start off with a thread introducing themselves. :rolleyes2:
https://jlwrangler.com/forumdisplay.php?7-Give-us-a-Wave!

I realize you are the owner/slash moderator of the site but you do come across more opinionated/marketer then most so you might want to watch the pot calling the kettle black moments.

:cheesy: Right, because clearly, you're the only person here who's allowed to have an opinion. If I have an opinion, I'm somehow "marketing". :rolleyes2:

Cool - it's your money and your Jeep and you should do what you want with both and love it. :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
dǝǝɾuoɔıqnɹ;39872 said:
first at 47 not a kid. second not upset at all. was bashed with being a sales/fanboy I responded in due course. this is suppose to be a forum about sharing experience correct. but thanks for the concern.

Among other things, yes, this is a forum where people get so share their experiences, ideas and opinions. And, it is my opinion that your experiences are meaningless especially being that I don't know you from adam and you offer NOTHING to back up what you saying. Just because you don't like what you hear as a response doesn't mean anyone is "bashing" you. We're just all sharing what we think. :yup:

JTCO

Meme King
I apologize for being rude or starting shit, i was just trying to poke a little fun. :)

You don't have anything to worry about. Pretty fucking rare that this was his first post on an older thread where some other sensitive dude blew up in a similar manner. I sure don't blame you for assuming this guy may have worked for the company. These fucking Patatgonia tires must have some funky chemical in the rubber :crazyeyes: This guy probably would have had more credibility if anyone knew who the fuck he was.