New Dynatrac and New Patagonia Tires and have steering shimmy

Jeep JL

This really isn’t about price for me, heck this just an extra car for me. No matter what tire I get, if I don’t like them, I will just sell them on Craigslist. Easy. I really am looking for the best all around mt tire and I have read good and bad reviews about every tire (most just opinions). but for some reason I keep coming back to these. They seem to do everything I want very well and “my opinion”. Look awesome. I know they are not made in USA, and living in the motor city I get it. I fight the foreign car fight every day. Buy American please!

Jeepjl, you said you would not buy them again, what would you buy? Thanks for your non bias input.

Last edited:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
This really isn’t about price for me, heck this just an extra car for me. No matter what tire I get, if I don’t like them, I will just sell them on Craigslist. Easy. I really am looking for the best all around mt tire and I have read good and bad reviews about every tire (most just opinions). but for some reason I keep coming back to these. They seem to do everything I want very well and “my opinion”. Look awesome. I know they are not made in USA, and living in the motor city I get it. I fight the foreign car fight every day. Buy American please!

Jeepjl, you said you would not buy them again, what would you buy? Thanks for your non bias input.

Sounds like you have made your mind up to buy them, and the “bias” you speak of is just differing opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JeepJL

Since the price went up I’d go back to a Nitto Trailgrappler. After loosing a sidewall in my Coopers, and personally watching it happen to others I lost faith in them. To be completely up front, I have other friends running them and it’s been quiet some time since I’ve seen those kinds of problems. Maybe something changed. I’ve also seen the Nittos fail but haven’t had it happen to me. If you want my honest opinion non bias opinion I really like the Patagonia’s I have. Yes they are 38s on the side wall but if gives me a true 37” tire. They haven’t let me down and to be honest I initially bought 4 thinking I wouldn’t run a spare. If I got a flat I could always grab a friends tire to get me home in a pinch. It might not be the same size but it would get me off the trail. With that said I went with the 2.5 kings for shocks and they’re a bit stiff so I bought a 5th tire Monday and the EVO carrier hoping it will add enough weight behind the axle to soften the ride a bit. I’m hoping the look keeps growing on me because they so far are wearing slowly so it might be a while before I need a new set. My Curiosity was exactly like yours that’s why I decided to try them. I figure now that I have 5 if I loose 1 I’ll sell them in a set of 4 then go back to a Nitto 37 until I’m ready for an axle swap.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

LOL!! The OP of this thread was complaining about a shimmy in his steering and it's most likely caused by his tires not balancing out but clearly, you're set on buying these tires anyway and that's exactly what I would recommend you do. I'm sure you'll love them :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Since the price went up I’d go back to a Nitto Trailgrappler. After loosing a sidewall in my Coopers, and personally watching it happen to others I lost faith in them. To be completely up front, I have other friends running them and it’s been quiet some time since I’ve seen those kinds of problems. Maybe something changed. I’ve also seen the Nittos fail but haven’t had it happen to me. If you want my honest opinion non bias opinion I really like the Patagonia’s I have. Yes they are 38s on the side wall but if gives me a true 37” tire. They haven’t let me down and to be honest I initially bought 4 thinking I wouldn’t run a spare. If I got a flat I could always grab a friends tire to get me home in a pinch. It might not be the same size but it would get me off the trail. With that said I went with the 2.5 kings for shocks and they’re a bit stiff so I bought a 5th tire Monday and the EVO carrier hoping it will add enough weight behind the axle to soften the ride a bit. I’m hoping the look keeps growing on me because they so far are wearing slowly so it might be a while before I need a new set. My Curiosity was exactly like yours that’s why I decided to try them. I figure now that I have 5 if I loose 1 I’ll sell them in a set of 4 then go back to a Nitto 37 until I’m ready for an axle swap.

Funny, after running Trail Grapplers for years, I switched out to STT Pros because of the sidewall failures I was seeing. Actually, I had gone back to Toyo's first but then made the move to Cooper being that the STT Pro was new at the time. Since then, I've found them to performed amazingly and that's why I continue to run them.

I know I'm far from being the badasses that some are on YouTube but here's a video we made highlighting some of the places our STT Pros were able to take us over the course of 2 years.

This of course was posted a year ago and so, we've been running STT Pros for 3 years now and without any issues. Granted, we are just mall crawlers.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, I should qualify what I was saying in regards to Trail Grapplers. I still LOVE them in a 40" as they are an outstanding tire and NOT the same thing as a 37" or smaller. Of course, I would still run a 37" Trail Grappler and with enthusiasm any day of the week and especially over a China tire.

Jeep JL

Funny, after running Trail Grapplers for years, I switched out to STT Pros because of the sidewall failures I was seeing. Actually, I had gone back to Toyo's first but then made the move to Cooper being that the STT Pro was new at the time. Since then, I've found them to performed amazingly and that's why I continue to run them.

I know I'm far from being the badasses that some are on YouTube but here's a video we made highlighting some of the places our STT Pros were able to take us over the course of 2 years.

This of course was posted a year ago and so, we've been running STT Pros for 3 years now and without any issues. Granted, we are just mall crawlers.

What’s your problem dude. Why are you so defensive? Oh that’s right you are all mighty off road man. I didn’t come here to be insulted, just trying to gain knowledge. Your comments are shit. You always bash anything you haven’t tested. There ugly, there Chinese, I’ve never seen them in rocks, etc. Then you get all your followers to gain up on a guy. No, my mind isn’t made up. Just another one of you and your groupies opinions. Take your channels and shove them. I know, you don’t need me. Please band me from your sites.

This will be the last time you ge t to bash me. It would recommend others do the same.

Thanks

JTCO

Meme King
I'd only heard of these Milestar Patagonia tires ONCE before the JL came out and this became the new trend. Guess I missed the full page magazine ad :crazyeyes:

Untitled.jpg

NFRs2000NYC

What’s your problem dude. Why are you so defensive? Oh that’s right you are all mighty off road man. I didn’t come here to be insulted, just trying to gain knowledge. Your comments are shit. You always bash anything you haven’t tested. There ugly, there Chinese, I’ve never seen them in rocks, etc. Then you get all your followers to gain up on a guy. No, my mind isn’t made up. Just another one of you and your groupies opinions. Take your channels and shove them. I know, you don’t need me. Please band me from your sites.

This will be the last time you ge t to bash me. It would recommend others do the same.

Thanks

Not sure where you saw bashing. The only thing he said was subjective, which are that he thinks they are ugly, and 2 things that are factual....one, them being chinese made, and the other being that he hasn't seen them perform on sharp rocks. Seems like you are the one getting defensive about your decision. Being the owner of the site aside, he's just expressing an opinion (one you might disagree with) and nothing more. If you place no value on his wheeling experience, then it's just another post. If you do place value on his opinion, then you can take it as quasi-advice. There are a couple of things I've disagreed with Eddie about, but nowhere in life do you find that you agree with someone on everything (unless you're a registered democrat lol), so lighten up, no one is ganging up on you, no one is attacking you, no need to get your undies in a twist.

NFRs2000NYC

I'd only heard of these Milestar Patagonia tires ONCE before the JL came out and this became the new trend. Guess I missed the full page magazine ad :crazyeyes:

View attachment 8569

Just for the sh!ts and giggles, when I get my JL, I'm going to buy a catch can just so I can run my own tests and report my findings here. If anything, it would just be some more useful content for the forum.:p

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What’s your problem dude. Why are you so defensive? Oh that’s right you are all mighty off road man. I didn’t come here to be insulted, just trying to gain knowledge. Your comments are shit. You always bash anything you haven’t tested. There ugly, there Chinese, I’ve never seen them in rocks, etc. Then you get all your followers to gain up on a guy. No, my mind isn’t made up. Just another one of you and your groupies opinions.

:cheesy: WTF?? Not sure what your problem is dude or why you're getting so defensive. I don't know you from Adam and last I checked, I specifically said you SHOULD get these tires and that you'll probably love them. Since you seemed to have missed it, this is a forum - you know, a place where people discuss ideas, share experiences and give their opinions. Just because you think my "comments are shit" doesn't mean I was trying to insult you. As far as bashing things go, there are some things I'm willing or even eager to test and there are some things I couldn't care to test. God forbid, all I've been doing is explaining why just as you've been explaining why you would. As far as my "followers" go, clearly, you can believe whatever it is you want but you're kidding yourself if you really think I would ever waste my time trying to get anyone to gang up on a guy like you.

Take your channels and shove them. I know, you don’t need me. Please band me from your sites.

Thanks

Umm, we don't ban people. Don't like it here, nobody is making you stay.

Cya.

JTCO

Meme King
Just for the sh!ts and giggles, when I get my JL, I'm going to buy a catch can just so I can run my own tests and report my findings here. If anything, it would just be some more useful content for the forum.:p

Lol. You'll likely find they do 'work.' But as far as necessary or even worth it to a majority of Jeep owners, that's debatable. :crazyeyes:

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Please band me from your sites.

Thanks

YES! And I was beginning to to think that this site lost its deep end. Well this guy found it, and went completely off. LOL!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure where you saw bashing. The only thing he said was subjective, which are that he thinks they are ugly, and 2 things that are factual....one, them being chinese made, and the other being that he hasn't seen them perform on sharp rocks. Seems like you are the one getting defensive about your decision. Being the owner of the site aside, he's just expressing an opinion (one you might disagree with) and nothing more. If you place no value on his wheeling experience, then it's just another post. If you do place value on his opinion, then you can take it as quasi-advice. There are a couple of things I've disagreed with Eddie about, but nowhere in life do you find that you agree with someone on everything (unless you're a registered democrat lol), so lighten up, no one is ganging up on you, no one is attacking you, no need to get your undies in a twist.

LOL!! Clearly, you're just a "follower" of mine that I sent here to put things into perspective. Anything you just said clearly can't be trusted and shouldn't be listened to. :crazyeyes:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

Thanks

I didn’t gang up on you. I suggested you buy them. Have a nice life.

CalSgt

Thanks

That escalated quickly...
well-that-escalated-e7pq1p.jpg