Evo coilover help

Deezus

Not really. Ideally, you want a softer coil to be your primary for daily driving and then have a firmer coil to be your secondary for bigger hits. What is hard to give an idea is what spring rate to go with being that ride quality is 100% subjective. You'd have to decide for yourself what it is you want.

What cozdude said, about every 15k or sooner if you do a lot of hard and fast driving in the desert.
OK what if no hard desert driving and off roading every weekend in summer.
Using the springs that come with the kit. I don't overload jeep.
Pardon my ignorance, I'm wanting to know how that adjustment works with let's say the springs that come with it...is it better to have the second spring kick in sooner for off roading or for the street... What's the theory behind it.
Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
OK what if no hard desert driving and off roading every weekend in summer.
Using the springs that come with the kit. I don't overload jeep.
Pardon my ignorance, I'm wanting to know how that adjustment works with let's say the springs that come with it...is it better to have the second spring kick in sooner for off roading or for the street... What's the theory behind it.
Thanks.

It’s just internal parts that need to be replaced that often, no springs need to be replaced.

Here is my shock oil after 17k miles vs brand new oil from king.
IMG_9067.jpg

Deezus

Whew! I took it that you lacked comprehension of the basic components.
You were correct as far as the timing rings. On my JK I was advised to set them within a half inch of the sliders which I did...
The directions to the new ones say 1/2" to 1". Evo told me 1 1/2".

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Deezus

$150 a shock plus I pay for shipping both ways. I did it for under $300 and I learned something new.
Just talked to my guy and he said $110. He usually inspects them, and does everything you did. He also advises when to come back for service based on the shock oil as everybody wheels differently.
Still hasn't changed my mind on coilover. [emoji6]

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Deezus

Thank you everyone for your input. A lot of helpful info to consider.