Project Oversize

Oversize

Quick update to the tire carrier. Got the third brake light mounted behind the tire. Not the cleanest looking when the tire is off but it's hidden by the tire so it doesn't matter.

I clearly need to clean my garage a bit lol. 20190203_103108.jpeg20190203_103110.jpeg20190203_134456.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G965U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Looks great. I'm probably going to have to break down and buy one. We used to use ours nearly every time we went out in the JK. What has been done to mitigate rattling behind the bent portion on the right? I see there's no fasteners there. Looks like there might be a bit of two-sided tape or rubber foam.

20190204_134005.jpg

ddays v2

Jeep looks amazing. Those coils will break in a bit and soften some i would think. I run 28 PSI in my Cooper 37 13.50 17s.

I run 24 or 25 PSI in mine. That’s what I extrapolated from the tire inflation tables and the weight of a JL. I suspect the difference between 25 and 28 is insignificant.

Best way to find your optimal pressure is to do the chalk test: Mark a big line across one of your tires with a piece of sidewalk chalk and drive a short distance. Check to see how the chalk wore off. Still chalk on the outsides - less air. still chalk on the inside - add some air.

I ended up at 26psi on my JKU with 37/13.5 Cooper STT's

Oversize

Looks great. I'm probably going to have to break down and buy one. We used to use ours nearly every time we went out in the JK. What has been done to mitigate rattling behind the bent portion on the right? I see there's no fasteners there. Looks like there might be a bit of two-sided tape or rubber foam.

View attachment 8713
Yeah that part is just some foam that you line the entire backside edge of to prevent rattling. I was a little sloppy there and need to trim it up.

NFRs2000NYC

I run the outback table in my JK and it is probably my favorite mod that I've done....use it all the time, very well made, and super useful. Pro tip, add a powerful magnetic strip on the tailgate side of the table, and you have an awesome place to story cutlery, quick access and stays out of the way.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I agree. By the looks of it the LODs are not Evo long arm friendly. I may be wrong...

Crap I didn't even think about this. I just ordered the lod sliders and I have the long arm kit being installed this week from Evo. Anyone know if this is the case?

I guess I'll find out in a few weeks. Off-road Evolution doesn't know either as they don't have the sliders. I'll keep everyone updated.

Any updates on the compatibility of EVO JLU LA's and LOD JLU sliders?

CalSgt

Any updates on the compatibility of EVO JLU LA's and LOD JLU sliders?

I know I wasn't the one being asked but after I crawled under the EVO JL in the KOH pits I talked with Mel about that, he said the rear mount on the LOD's would need to be cut...

ETA: Mel is a super great guy, they were going through the front end of his ultra4 car and he stopped what he was doing when he spotted me and talked for a minute. I kept it short because I was sure he had other things to worry about beside some random customer, but he was very accommodating considering all that was going on. I'm definitely going to continue to support their company after meeting him, there were other vendors with huge displays that wouldn't hardly give me the time of day...

You can see the area that the LODs attach to the frame in the rear is exactly where the rear EVO LA bracket goes

LOD tech drawing:
LOD.jpg

EVO Instructions image:
Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 3.33.03 PM.jpg

Last edited:

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the reply. I figured there would be some trimming involved, but was too lazy to compare the instructions. LOL. I too have met Mel and his son in Colorado. He was definitely generous with the time that he had, and I look forward to seeing him again someday.

Oversize

Sorry for the slow update. I took the sliders over to SRD in Vista who was recommended to me by Mel as a good local shop. They were great and found a solution to make the LOD sliders fit. They cut off the rear bracket and made a new one that bolts to the outside of the new long arm mount points. The front mount of the slider also required a small step down due to the front long arm mount. They made it all look clean and factory.

Other things I added were an under the passenger seat mount for my arb compressor. It's all plumbed but I need to wire it which I plan to do tomorrow. Added some new grab bars strictly because I prefer the location of these.

I'm hitting pinyon mountain trail Saturday and I am a but worried that due to the offset I will be too wide for the squeeze but we will find out. 20190227_173631.jpeg20190227_173638.jpeg20190227_173707.jpeg20190227_173713.jpeg20190223_145634.jpeg

Last edited:

Rellik

Sorry for the slow update. I took the sliders over to SRD in Vista who was recommended to me by Mel as a good local shop. They were great and found a solution to make the LOD sliders fit. They cut off the rear bracket and made a new one that bolts to the outside of the new long arm mount points. The front mount of the slider also required a small step down due to the front long arm mount. They made it all look clean and factory.

Other things I added were an under the passenger seat mount for my arb compressor. It's all plumbed but I need to wire it which I plan to do tomorrow. Added some new grab bars strictly because I prefer the location of these.

I'm hitting pinyon mountain trail Saturday and I am a but worried that due to the offset I will be too wide for the squeeze but we will find out. View attachment 9189View attachment 9190View attachment 9191View attachment 9192View attachment 9193

Other Jls have tried Pinyon Mountain already. All have failed to make it through the squeeze. I know of 1 that took severe fender damage and they had to back out of the squeeze. You will be the first Jl to make it if you succeed but the cost might be pretty high.

Oversize

Other Jls have tried Pinyon Mountain already. All have failed to make it through the squeeze. I know of 1 that took severe fender damage and they had to back out of the squeeze. You will be the first Jl to make it if you succeed but the cost might be pretty high.
Ok thanks for the heads up, I guess we will have to come up with a new plan for the day trip out there.

Cool i used to live near SRD and have had work done by them they are a great shop.They also host some cool off road car shows every now and then.Sliders came out great.