Project Oversize

Oversize

Picked up my Jeep from Off-Road Evolution yesterday and I have been smiling from ear to ear since. The only thing they weren't able to do was the axle gussets. The kit they had was a prototype and it just wasn't ready yet.

I drove it home and it rode great. A little on the stiff side but I imagine the brand new coilovers will settle a bit plus I didn't have the spare or my winch or sliders on yet. Mel said to wheel it a bit and see how I like the settings, after that bring it back and they will adjust them free of charge to dial it in for me. They also will retorque and lube everything after 500 miles.

I snapped some quick pics yesterday and did a few of the easy mods. Got the Mopar floor mats installed. Took off the sides of the steel front bumper. Put in my med kit. Installed the Tazer JL and reprogrammed the tire size and tpms numbers.

What are you guys recommending for tire pressure in the stt pro 37x17 13.5 e rated tire? I was thinking around 28 psi?

Thanks for looking guys! And thanks for all the help and ideas everyone gives in this forum. 20190201_125822.jpeg20190201_210701.jpegIMG_20190201_212959_475.jpeg20190201_155650.jpeg20190201_163050.jpeg20190201_163036.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G965U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Damn, your Jeep looks OUTSTANDING! Congrats to you and thanks for posting up the pics :thumb:

Rellik

Jeep looks amazing. Those coils will break in a bit and soften some i would think. I run 28 PSI in my Cooper 37 13.50 17s.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Yeah! Very nice. You know, that filler plate on the front coilover bracket sure would look nice painted red to compliment the Rubicon decals and Jeep emblems. Not too late to pop those rivets.

Oversize

Thanks everyone for the compliments!

Got a couple of beers and a buddy and was able to stay dry enough today in the rain to install the Evo hd rear tire carrier. Pretty straight forward installation but would be next to impossible without someone there to help hold it up and keep it in place while you tighten everything.

I wasn't a fan of how you have to remove the torx bolts on the camera and brake light every time you wanted to take off the rear tire. So I am moving the brake light behind the wheel and bending the bracket to make it work. I also cut the old camera housing off and placed it over the camera for some more protection. I'll take more pictures of what I did later.20190202_131127.jpeg20190202_134820.jpeg20190202_134814.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G965U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

ddays v2

Wow, that looks great! Love that color.

What's your opinion on that Outback adventures trail table? I've been looking for one and that one looks nice. Is it pretty well made? Any chance you can post some pics of it? Their website is kinda sparse to say the least....

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug

What's your opinion on that Outback adventures trail table? I've been looking for one and that one looks nice. Is it pretty well made? Any chance you can post some pics of it? Their website is kinda sparse to say the least....

I had one on my JK, and really liked it. Used it quite often. It was well-built, but so damn pricey. Unfortunately the JL version is even more expensive. I've still got the JK version in my garage, but never did figure out a way to retrofit it for the JL.

Oversize

I haven't installed it yet. Unfortunately with how long it took me to get my Jeep I just accumulated mods lol. I plan on putting it in this weekend. Everything I have read is it's very durable and high end. If there was a cheaper model I would try it but unfortunately nothing comes close and right now everything is at a premium price.

ddays v2

I had one on my JK, and really liked it. Used it quite often. It was well-built, but so damn pricey. Unfortunately the JL version is even more expensive. I've still got the JK version in my garage, but never did figure out a way to retrofit it for the JL.

Yeah, it is a little pricey but I learned to buy once cry once with my JK. I bought a ton of shit that was later replaced. :( This one looks really nice being made out of stainless & aluminum.

I haven't installed it yet. Unfortunately with how long it took me to get my Jeep I just accumulated mods lol. I plan on putting it in this weekend. Everything I have read is it's very durable and high end. If there was a cheaper model I would try it but unfortunately nothing comes close and right now everything is at a premium price.

Man I hear ya. I'm over two months and my garage is filling up with steps, wheels & tires, winches, lights, etc etc. I consolidated my pile this afternoon to make room in the garage :crazyeyes: