Project Oversize

Oversize

Well after 101 days I finally got to pick up my Jeep from the dealership. It's. Stingray 2019 JLUR, 3.6, Auto, steel bumper, Led, tow package, and electronics group. I've never gotten to order a vehicle exactly how I want it so it was worth the wait.

Taking three months to get here I was able to order quite a few parts in preparation.

Currently*purchased mods:

ARB fridge/freezer 50qt

DFG fridge slide

Warn Zeon 10s winch with synthetic rope

Warn winch*plate

Torin big red bottle Jack - 8 ton

ARB dual compressor*- still need to find mounting solutoon.

Outback adventures tailgater table

MyFak first aid kit

Tazer JL mini

Evo manufacturing tire carrier

I plan to install all of these myself over the next couple of weeks. Once I get my Jeep back from Off-road Evolution.

View attachment 844020190123_181313.jpeg20190124_110139.jpeg20190124_110809.jpeg20190123_163512.jpeg20190123_163545.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G965U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Oversize

The day after I picked up my Jeep I drove it up to Off-road Evolution for them to work their magic. I dropped it off with 106 miles on it. I have no idea how I fit 5 - 37" tires in there but it worked.

Mods getting put on by Off-road Evolution this week:

Evo mfg JL high clearance*pro long arm kit

King coilovers and hydrolic bump stops

JE reel 1350 front and rear drive shafts

JKS adjustable track bar

17x9 KMC XD229 machete bead locks

37x13.5 Cooper STT*Pro tires

Also talking to them about gusseting the axles for some reinforcement.

The people at off-road evolution we're super friendly and accommodating specifically Lisa and Zan. They Showed me around the shop and let me check out Evo 1 and their new trophy spec project. I would highly recommend them but I'm sure everyone on this site knows how good they are already.

I will update with pictures once I pick it up next week. 20190124_110242.jpeg20190124_110233.jpeg20190124_123559.jpeg20190124_143928.jpeg

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Awesome. Can't wait to see it when it's done. Are you doing rear bumps as well? Also, can't believe you fit all those tires in the back. :crazyeyes:

NFRs2000NYC

I agree. Eddie and Mel did stuff with their Jeeps that I most likely will never do, not even close, so if they can survive them, I'd say for the casual wheeler (aka overlander....the typical term used for casual wheelers, not Adam, the member here lol) 37s on stock 44s should be ok.

ddays v2

Off-road evolutions red white and blue Jeep JL has the exact same configuration on stock axles and they beat the crap out of their Jeep. They are welding on some axle reinforcement also for me due to my fear of that.

I agree. Eddie and Mel did stuff with their Jeeps that I most likely will never do, not even close, so if they can survive them, I'd say for the casual wheeler (aka overlander....the typical term used for casual wheelers, not Adam, the member here lol) 37s on stock 44s should be ok.

My question was aimed more towards the high clearance aspect of the kit, not that the stock axles suck: On the High Clearance EVO kit for the JK's, the axle end of the rear control arms have mounts that are welded onto the axle that give it really crazy clearance and it's used for the EVO Lever rear system - see arrows in photo below. What I didn't realize was that the JL version uses bolt on mounts for the rear end of the rear control arms. That's pretty cool.

evolever.jpg

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
My question was aimed more towards the high clearance aspect of the kit, not that the stock axles suck: On the High Clearance EVO kit for the JK's, the axle end of the rear control arms have mounts that are welded onto the axle that give it really crazy clearance and it's used for the EVO Lever rear system - see arrows in photo below. What I didn't realize was that the JL version uses bolt on mounts for the rear end of the rear control arms. That's pretty cool.

EVO MFG JLU High Clearance LA Kit also requires new mounts on the rear axle. From the install instructions located on their website:

Screenshot_20190125-231657_Drive.jpg