Jeep on Fire

Mud Bug

So.. one of the many facebook groups I belong to, another group member says that 3 days ago on January 20, her 2018 JLU Rubicon (3.6L engine, not specified if manual or automatic) just up and exploded on her. She was driving down the road, heard a loud bang/boom, had smoke coming into her vehicle and saw sparks "like someone set off fireworks under the hood." She pulled over and within a minute the Jeep was engulfed in flames.

(pictures from her post in the group)

jeep fire 2.jpg

No idea (yet) what caused this.

jeep fire 1.jpg

I have no other info... (Her facebook says she lives in TX if that matters) .. but YIKES

Mud Bug

I don’t believe that story. I’d like to hear the fire department and insurance reason behind the story.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I am actually quite suspicious myself. The reason is because when she posted that it caught fire... I would have been in a panic. I don't know what I would feel, but definitely not like the post she made... it was all " hey my beautiful white jeep burned last night, so I am now on the market for a black one. Show me your black modified Jeeps!. "

Like it was nothing.

But.. just in case it WAS something... everyone be careful.

I kind of doubt she will update on what the cause of the fire was officially determined to be. Looks like she did a few mods, maybe DIY installer error with wiring and running stuff where they shouldn't be. Who knows.

Mud Bug

Death wobble strikes again. (Note the sarcasm, as everyone everywhere is calling every Jeep problem death wobble now.)

some of the comments on her facebook post were "Those darn frame welds!" , "You should get some steering stabilizers", and yep, Death Wobble. :D

Rgk401

That note ain't no joke for a single woman working at dollar general. I'd say she did the same thing that guy from YouTube did. I can't remember his name but his jeep jku burnt in the middle of the desert and he managed to go live on YouTube. Funny thing is in every video he made he had a rooftop tent on his jeep, but when the jeep was on fire the tent wasn't there. He said in the video he removed the tent before the trip........ So maybe this female did the same thing he did

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
That note ain't no joke for a single woman working at dollar general. I'd say she did the same thing that guy from YouTube did. I can't remember his name but his jeep jku burnt in the middle of the desert and he managed to go live on YouTube. Funny thing is in every video he made he had a rooftop tent on his jeep, but when the jeep was on fire the tent wasn't there. He said in the video he removed the tent before the trip........ So maybe this female did the same thing he did

No kidding. I remember that toolshed.

JTCO

Meme King
I'd say she did the same thing that guy from YouTube did. I can't remember his name but his jeep jku burnt in the middle of the desert and he managed to go live on YouTube. Funny thing is in every video he made he had a rooftop tent on his jeep, but when the jeep was on fire the tent wasn't there. He said in the video he removed the tent before the trip........ So maybe this female did the same thing he did

No kidding. I remember that toolshed.

Yep. This jackwagon.

Untitled.jpg

NFRs2000NYC

Interesting that the fire is in the rear and not engine bay, and he had time to open the hood, tailgate, get the tripod out, etc....seems legit.

YAHAHA

Could it be the engine over heated because of the extra wind drag from the door steps?

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.