Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just venting

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Bug View Post
    Well... I like to overthink things as well

Personally I thought there were no "rules" about a Jeep wave. No one has to wave first, and no particular style is needed. That being said... if you watched the gladiator release video here that Eddie did, the Jeep guy on stage held up the 2 fingers up with thumb extended and specifically referred to it as "the Jeep wave".
    This "Jeep wave" mentioned above is an FCA marketing thing... I get official "Jeep wave" emails, which is usually them trying to sell me an extended warranty. I got "Jeep wave" stickers (that I threw away) from FCA to put in my windshield so dealerships can identify me as an "Official Jeep wave member" so I can receive whatever official jeep wave services they are offering... Like a secret handshake or something...

I'd be willing to bet FCA trademarked the two finger & extended thumb symbol...

I stopped reading when I saw it was about the jeep wave.......... again

Quote Originally Posted by Cozdude View Post
    I stopped reading when I saw it was about the jeep wave.......... again

10 of em...

I dont wave, unless it's someone I know. Then I mostly give them one of these waves. chevy-chase-goes-bananas-on-a-bridge-chases-pickup-truck-123801_1.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Rgk401 View Post
    Amen. I don't wave because I'm usually shifting gears or have death grip on the steering wheel. Death wobble is a bitch.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Have you tried upgrading your steering stabilizer?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I just wave at every Wrangler on the road and honestly never really paid muchon how to do it just waved, two fingers, four, whole hand wave, heck my wife even waves sitting in the passenger seat.
    My insurance company asked me if my Jeep was modified and of course I said no...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    A while ago I was on my way to our local sporting goods/coffee shop to shoot the breeze with the guys. On the way there I passed a Jeep headed the other way so I waved. Got to the shop, ordered a coffee and sat down to listen to the conversation already going on. In walks the guy from that Jeep I passed. He walked over to me to show me the correct way to wave to a fellow Jeerer! He held up 2 fingers.

I told him that that looked like a peace sign not a wave, that I had been waving to other Jeepers since before his parents were born and never heard of what he was telling me. "I'll keep waving the way I have been and if the other person doesn't want to wave back that is up to them".

He left with a chip on his shoulder. I suppose I could have been more diplomatic about, it but then, I never have been PC.

Is there a "New" Jeep wave that I have missed learning about living here in the sticks? Will I be disowned if I do not comply?

I'll tell you one thing, we had a pretty lively scuttlebutt session that morning.

Steve
    They guy came back to find you, and then educate you? Oh my God. I'm not gonna say how I would reacted. What a douche bag!

Sent from my SM-T800 using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    As sacrilegious as this is gonna sound, I kinda hate the whole "Jeep wave" or at least, now anyway. As hard as it is to believe for some, there was a time when Jeeps or at least, Wranglers weren't as popular as they are now and it used to be something people did just because they were excited to see other people into the same thing. Don't get me wrong, I still wave but this militant BS and the disparaging of others for not waving is something that's getting way out of hand. I'm sorry to say that I am seeing more and more these days and it's just gay.
    I had a CJ 5 and then a CJ7 Renegade in the late 70s. I was in high schilling and the waves were few and far between, but I got on board. I've had a huge gap between Jeeps, and these days it's like I have to wave every 30 seconds. I do it, but it's only fun when I see a cool build or an old model that's well maintained.

I sometimes forget to wave to mall crawlers...unless it's a chick

Sent from my SM-T800 using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

All I know is that fucker should have been kicked in his cock.
    2018 JLUR SOLD
    2018 Ram Power Wagon on 37ís
    2019 Bikini JLR Turbo 2 Door on 37ís Mopar lift

Quote Originally Posted by Onlyone View Post
    All I know is that fucker should have been kicked in his cock.
    His maxi pad would have absorbed some of the impact. That's why they make steel toes.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast