Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just venting

Just venting

A while ago I was on my way to our local sporting goods/coffee shop to shoot the breeze with the guys. On the way there I passed a Jeep headed the other way so I waved. Got to the shop, ordered a coffee and sat down to listen to the conversation already going on. In walks the guy from that Jeep I passed. He walked over to me to show me the correct way to wave to a fellow Jeerer! He held up 2 fingers.

I told him that that looked like a peace sign not a wave, that I had been waving to other Jeepers since before his parents were born and never heard of what he was telling me. "I'll keep waving the way I have been and if the other person doesn't want to wave back that is up to them".

He left with a chip on his shoulder. I suppose I could have been more diplomatic about, it but then, I never have been PC.

Is there a "New" Jeep wave that I have missed learning about living here in the sticks? Will I be disowned if I do not comply?

I'll tell you one thing, we had a pretty lively scuttlebutt session that morning.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    A while ago I was on my way to our local sporting goods/coffee shop to shoot the breeze with the guys. On the way there I passed a Jeep headed the other way so I waved. Got to the shop, ordered a coffee and sat down to listen to the conversation already going on. In walks the guy from that Jeep I passed. He walked over to me to show me the correct way to wave to a fellow Jeerer! He held up 2 fingers.

I told him that that looked like a peace sign not a wave, that I had been waving to other Jeepers since before his parents were born and never heard of what he was telling me. "I'll keep waving the way I have been and if the other person doesn't want to wave back that is up to them".

He left with a chip on his shoulder. I suppose I could have been more diplomatic about, it but then, I never have been PC.

Is there a "New" Jeep wave that I have missed learning about living here in the sticks? Will I be disowned if I do not comply?

overthinking-meme.jpg

No, there's no official new 'Jeep Wave'. Fuck that guy.

I still canít believe people are this concerned about a fucking save in 2019.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2012 Jeep Jk - 37ís
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 40ís
    1975 Jeep DJ5

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    overthinking-meme.jpg

No, there's no official new 'Jeep Wave'. Fuck that guy.
    ^^^^That. Who was that guy, the wave police?
    A wave, is a wave. Looks like the guy you ran into takes that stuff way too seriously.

Well... I like to overthink things as well

Personally I thought there were no "rules" about a Jeep wave. No one has to wave first, and no particular style is needed. That being said... if you watched the gladiator release video here that Eddie did, the Jeep guy on stage held up the 2 fingers up with thumb extended and specifically referred to it as "the Jeep wave".

I tend to drive with my left hand at the top center of the steering wheel... depending on a few factors (visibility, temperature, etc).. if my drivers window is closed people will get either 2 or 4 fingers up with thumb still hanging onto the wheel. I usually just stick to 2 fingers, but increase to the 4 fingers are if I think my 2 will not be visible. In the nicer weather when my windows are down (top on or off), my left arm goes out the window, upright but slightly angled outward. I either do the 2 finger/thumb or a whole hand open (flat palm), both with elbow resting on the window ledge. At no time am I doing a side-to-side waving motion. More like a stationary salute, fighting the wind usually haha.

That'll be $25 for the non-official, maybe completely weird, Jeep Wave class. Paypal accepted. LoL
    Janice

Jeep Squad:
    *Koopa Troopa - 2019 Mojito! JL Rubicon
    *Scorpion - 2018 Hella Yella JLU Rubicon
    *Bambi - 2018 Gobi JKU Sahara (Daughter's)
    *Little Red - 2006 Flame Red LJ

Do people really care this much about how they wave to one another? This kind of dumb shit makes me want to not wave.

Thatís unbelievable that someone would track you down to tell you that... what an idiot! Wave however you want!

What a dick. You should have showed him your new one finger wave.

Canít change crazy. Wave, move on and enjoy:-)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast