Just venting

Steve

A while ago I was on my way to our local sporting goods/coffee shop to shoot the breeze with the guys. On the way there I passed a Jeep headed the other way so I waved. Got to the shop, ordered a coffee and sat down to listen to the conversation already going on. In walks the guy from that Jeep I passed. He walked over to me to show me the correct way to wave to a fellow Jeerer! He held up 2 fingers.

I told him that that looked like a peace sign not a wave, that I had been waving to other Jeepers since before his parents were born and never heard of what he was telling me. "I'll keep waving the way I have been and if the other person doesn't want to wave back that is up to them".

He left with a chip on his shoulder. I suppose I could have been more diplomatic about, it but then, I never have been PC.

Is there a "New" Jeep wave that I have missed learning about living here in the sticks? Will I be disowned if I do not comply?

I'll tell you one thing, we had a pretty lively scuttlebutt session that morning.

Steve

JTCO

Meme King
A while ago I was on my way to our local sporting goods/coffee shop to shoot the breeze with the guys. On the way there I passed a Jeep headed the other way so I waved. Got to the shop, ordered a coffee and sat down to listen to the conversation already going on. In walks the guy from that Jeep I passed. He walked over to me to show me the correct way to wave to a fellow Jeerer! He held up 2 fingers.

I told him that that looked like a peace sign not a wave, that I had been waving to other Jeepers since before his parents were born and never heard of what he was telling me. "I'll keep waving the way I have been and if the other person doesn't want to wave back that is up to them".

He left with a chip on his shoulder. I suppose I could have been more diplomatic about, it but then, I never have been PC.

Is there a "New" Jeep wave that I have missed learning about living here in the sticks? Will I be disowned if I do not comply?

overthinking-meme.jpg

No, there's no official new 'Jeep Wave'. Fuck that guy.

Mud Bug

Well... I like to overthink things as well :crazyeyes:

Personally I thought there were no "rules" about a Jeep wave. No one has to wave first, and no particular style is needed. That being said... if you watched the gladiator release video here that Eddie did, the Jeep guy on stage held up the 2 fingers up with thumb extended and specifically referred to it as "the Jeep wave". :thinking:

I tend to drive with my left hand at the top center of the steering wheel... depending on a few factors (visibility, temperature, etc).. if my drivers window is closed people will get either 2 or 4 fingers up with thumb still hanging onto the wheel. I usually just stick to 2 fingers, but increase to the 4 fingers are if I think my 2 will not be visible. In the nicer weather when my windows are down (top on or off), my left arm goes out the window, upright but slightly angled outward. I either do the 2 finger/thumb or a whole hand open (flat palm), both with elbow resting on the window ledge. At no time am I doing a side-to-side waving motion. More like a stationary salute, fighting the wind usually haha.

That'll be $25 for the non-official, maybe completely weird, Jeep Wave class. Paypal accepted. LoL

ddays v2

:cheesy: Do people really care this much about how they wave to one another? This kind of dumb shit makes me want to not wave.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As sacrilegious as this is gonna sound, I kinda hate the whole "Jeep wave" or at least, now anyway. As hard as it is to believe for some, there was a time when Jeeps or at least, Wranglers weren't as popular as they are now and it used to be something people did just because they were excited to see other people into the same thing. Don't get me wrong, I still wave but this militant BS and the disparaging of others for not waving is something that's getting way out of hand. I'm sorry to say that I am seeing more and more these days and it's just gay.

justin mazzon

I know I'm not the best looking guy ladies, but please wave back.:doh: Thank you very much for the few nice women who have waved back to me!:rock:-maybe this is the correct jeep wave?

I still believe in the wave as it does separate us from all the other 4 wheelers out there. I pretty much just do a regular wave.

Last edited:

Jeeeep

wow!! some fucking people take this way to serious!

my waves are all over the place from 1 finger too cool to wave to full on I may be retarded and happy to have my Scooby lunch box with me jazz hands wave....oh yeah, i'm not pc in any shape or form lol

but, I'd be afraid to do the "official" 2 finger, thumb up wave as someone be overly sensitive and mistake my wave as a gun threat then a whole new level of shit storm would prevail :cheesy:

Rgk401

wow!! some fucking people take this way to serious!

my waves are all over the place from 1 finger too cool to wave to full on I may be retarded and happy to have my Scooby lunch box with me jazz hands wave....oh yeah, i'm not pc in any shape or form lol

but, I'd be afraid to do the "official" 2 finger, thumb up wave as someone be overly sensitive and mistake my wave as a gun threat then a whole new level of shit storm would prevail :cheesy:

Amen. I don't wave because I'm usually shifting gears or have death grip on the steering wheel. Death wobble is a bitch.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Bear_JT

As sacrilegious as this is gonna sound, I kinda hate the whole "Jeep wave" or at least, now anyway. As hard as it is to believe for some, there was a time when Jeeps or at least, Wranglers weren't as popular as they are now and it used to be something people did just because they were excited to see other people into the same thing. Don't get me wrong, I still wave but this militant BS and the disparaging of others for not waving is something that's getting way out of hand. I'm sorry to say that I am seeing more and more these days and it's just gay.

I couldn’t agree with you more Eddie. It gets tiring after a while.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app