Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: JL JOURNAL : How to Install 1350 Drive Shafts on a JL WRANGLER

Quick tech questions for you, and this probably leads back to your trailing arm installation. Since all of those devices are length adjustable, did you find a need to go to the alignment shop afterward to check for square? Or is it generally close enough not to matter in the grand scheme?

I enjoyed the video (and your others)! Thanks for the insight!

~Chris

Knows a Thing or Two NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
    Love the video. Very easy for a noob to follow. What Id love to see you guys do, is possibly in the description portion of your videos, to put amazon links to the specialty tools needed for a whatever install. You obviously have gone through your share of tools and it seems that it would help people pick the correct stuff in a sea of crap (like the yoke puller, inch torque wrench, brass hammer, etc). I for one would find it very helpful and the bonus would be knowing Im helping you guys a little bit using your affiliate links.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris In Milwaukee View Post
    Quick tech questions for you, and this probably leads back to your trailing arm installation. Since all of those devices are length adjustable, did you find a need to go to the alignment shop afterward to check for square? Or is it generally close enough not to matter in the grand scheme?

I enjoyed the video (and your others)! Thanks for the insight!

~Chris
    Trailing arms? You mean control arms? If so, no, I don't waste my time with alignment shops.

Quote Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC View Post
    Love the video. Very easy for a noob to follow. What Id love to see you guys do, is possibly in the description portion of your videos, to put amazon links to the specialty tools needed for a whatever install. You obviously have gone through your share of tools and it seems that it would help people pick the correct stuff in a sea of crap (like the yoke puller, inch torque wrench, brass hammer, etc). I for one would find it very helpful and the bonus would be knowing Im helping you guys a little bit using your affiliate links.
    Please give my first post a closer look. You'll see that most of what I have listed is in bold and linked to Amazon.

Cool and informative video! Really interesting although I will hopefully) never have to do this. One tech question: I thought, that tcase output and pinion input have to be parallel to avoid vibrations on your driveline. Now you set pinion and ds parallel, which angle does the tcase have?....I am really wondering right now, maybe I am braindead at the moment

Sent from my SM-G950F using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Mr.Giant - '92 YJ, Flat Black
    Giant 2 - '18 JLUR, Bright White

Quote Originally Posted by MrGiant View Post
    Cool and informative video! Really interesting although I will hopefully) never have to do this. One tech question: I thought, that tcase output and pinion input have to be parallel to avoid vibrations on your driveline. Now you set pinion and ds parallel, which angle does the tcase have?....I am really wondering right now, maybe I am braindead at the moment
    The only time you need to keep the output shaft and pinion shaft parallel to each other is if you're using a standard shaft with a single u-joint on both ends. We installed a rear driveshaft with a double cardan and it requires you to have the pinion in line with it.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Trailing arms? You mean control arms? If so, no, I don't waste my time with alignment shops.
    Yep, that's what I meant. Terminology challenged Thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris In Milwaukee View Post
    Yep, that's what I meant. Terminology challenged Thanks for that.
    To be fair, when it comes to IFS/IRS, I would use an alignment shop for for a Jeep with solid axles, it really isn't rocket science to do your own alignment and really, it can only be done IF you have adjustable components.

With all the $$ were going to save watching these how to dos, I might be able to convince the wife to buy a shop lift. Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by DEFCON1 View Post
    With all the $$ were going to save watching these how to dos, I might be able to convince the wife to buy a shop lift. Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    LOL!! That's awesome

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast