Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New TFL Video....shout out to WAYALIFE

Knows a Thing or Two NFRs2000NYC's Avatar

New TFL Video....shout out to WAYALIFE

So they have a new series that they are doing about real owners and if they love or hate their new rides. Episode 1 is a JL, and the owner here throws a shout out to Eddie. Thought that was nice to give credit where it’s due.

6:02

https://youtu.be/6_Zzq7Mdnz8

Haha so cool! Glad the guy took the time to give credit where it was due and not take it as his own.

LOL!! No way - that was very cool of him. Thank you for posting this up.

I should note, the last time we ran into the TFL guy, he didn't exactly leave us with a good impression. He was totally full of himself and basically told us to get out of his shot. You know, being the YouTube hot shot that he is - his filming was of course more important than ours. But, for him to leave the plug in for us was nice.

New TFL Video....shout out to WAYALIFE

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    LOL!! No way - that was very cool of him. Thank you for posting this up.

I should note, the last time we ran into the TFL guy, he didn't exactly leave us with a good impression. He was totally full of himself and basically told us to get out of his shot. You know, being the YouTube hot shot that he is - his filming was of course more important than ours. But, for him to leave the plug in for us was nice.
    Weird. I know YouTube is a dog eat dog world, but the smarter creators understand that collaboration is where it’s at these days which is why you see lots of big YouTube peeps doing videos together. Being as big a Jeep fans as they are, I would have thought it would behoove them to do a video or 3 with you guys. Too bad. They will realize later that collaboration is the key to real success. I for one would love to see something with you guys and Ronnie Dahl and/or Andrew St Pierre white. You basically provide the best off-road content in North America, just like they are the best for Africa and Australia.

Side note, I was watching the grand tour the other day, and I realized something interesting. Watching your videos, I no longer notice the jeeps. The vehicles aren’t really the “stars” of the show, it’s the story and the content, very similar to the old school top gear road trips. They are entertaining to people that couldn’t tell the difference between a Jeep and a pop tart, and that’s really the difference. In the words of Redd from Shawshank, “how often do you look at a mans shoes?” Making the videos about the fun, people, and places is why people watch, not because the vehicle has 37” tires.

Quote Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC View Post
    Weird. I know YouTube is a dog eat dog world, but the smarter creators understand that collaboration is where it’s at these days which is why you see lots of big YouTube peeps doing videos together. Being as big a Jeep fans as they are, I would have thought it would behoove them to do a video or 3 with you guys. Too bad. They will realize later that collaboration is the key to real success. I for one would love to see something with you guys and Ronnie Dahl and/or Andrew St Pierre white. You basically provide the best off-road content in North America, just like they are the best for Africa and Australia.
    To be fair, Cindy and I know we're nobodys and in spite of what he said in the video, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he had no idea of who we were when he told us to get out of his shot. And really, that's fine by me. What left a bad impression wasn't so much that he didn't recognize us but rather, it was how he was kind of a jerk about it. We could have been anyone as there were a lot of people wanting to get a shot.

Side note, I was watching the grand tour the other day, and I realized something interesting. Watching your videos, I no longer notice the jeeps. The vehicles aren’t really the “stars” of the show, it’s the story and the content, very similar to the old school top gear road trips. They are entertaining to people that couldn’t tell the difference between a Jeep and a pop tart, and that’s really the difference. In the words of Redd from Shawshank, “how often do you look at a mans shoes?” Making the videos about the fun, people, and places is why people watch, not because the vehicle has 37” tires.
    Once again, you really are way too kind and we're truly humbled.

Quote Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC View Post

Side note, I was watching the grand tour the other day, and I realized something interesting.
    That the splash screen shows them on a TJ and it was briefly in the upcoming sequence. I think over the years they’ve never had a Jeep on the show. It’s usually a LR Defender or the like for them.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I couldn’t get past the first three minutes. Wtf was that...

2012 JK8
    1958 FC170
    1954 M38A1

Quote Originally Posted by Piginajeep View Post

2012 JK8
    1958 FC170
    1954 M38A1
    Lol that’s why I gave you a time stamp to skip to lol

Quote Originally Posted by Piginajeep View Post

2012 JK8
    1958 FC170
    1954 M38A1
    I fast forwarded to the 6:00 mark where the shout-out is mentioned. The first min was painful

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    To be fair, Cindy and I know we're nobodys and in spite of what he said in the video, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he had no idea of who we were when he told us to get out of his shot. And really, that's fine by me. What left a bad impression wasn't so much that he didn't recognize us but rather, it was how he was kind of a jerk about it. We could have been anyone as there were a lot of people wanting to get a shot.

Once again, you really are way too kind and we're truly humbled.
    I can only imagine what you guys can do with a crew. Maybe one day I’ll get a chance to wheel with you guys, and I’ll do the filming so you guys can do the story, driving, and antics haha. We can do an “old iron challenge” episode lol. $300 4x4 and try and cross Nevada and Utah haha.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast