New TFL Video....shout out to WAYALIFE

NFRs2000NYC

So they have a new series that they are doing about real owners and if they love or hate their new rides. Episode 1 is a JL, and the owner here throws a shout out to Eddie. Thought that was nice to give credit where it’s due.

6:02

https://youtu.be/6_Zzq7Mdnz8

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Haha so cool! Glad the guy took the time to give credit where it was due and not take it as his own.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! No way - that was very cool of him. Thank you for posting this up.

I should note, the last time we ran into the TFL guy, he didn't exactly leave us with a good impression. He was totally full of himself and basically told us to get out of his shot. You know, being the YouTube hot shot that he is - his filming was of course more important than ours. But, for him to leave the plug in for us was nice.

NFRs2000NYC

LOL!! No way - that was very cool of him. Thank you for posting this up.

I should note, the last time we ran into the TFL guy, he didn't exactly leave us with a good impression. He was totally full of himself and basically told us to get out of his shot. You know, being the YouTube hot shot that he is - his filming was of course more important than ours. But, for him to leave the plug in for us was nice.

Weird. I know YouTube is a dog eat dog world, but the smarter creators understand that collaboration is where it’s at these days which is why you see lots of big YouTube peeps doing videos together. Being as big a Jeep fans as they are, I would have thought it would behoove them to do a video or 3 with you guys. Too bad. They will realize later that collaboration is the key to real success. I for one would love to see something with you guys and Ronnie Dahl and/or Andrew St Pierre white. You basically provide the best off-road content in North America, just like they are the best for Africa and Australia.

Side note, I was watching the grand tour the other day, and I realized something interesting. Watching your videos, I no longer notice the jeeps. The vehicles aren’t really the “stars” of the show, it’s the story and the content, very similar to the old school top gear road trips. They are entertaining to people that couldn’t tell the difference between a Jeep and a pop tart, and that’s really the difference. In the words of Redd from Shawshank, “how often do you look at a mans shoes?” Making the videos about the fun, people, and places is why people watch, not because the vehicle has 37” tires. [emoji1303]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Weird. I know YouTube is a dog eat dog world, but the smarter creators understand that collaboration is where it’s at these days which is why you see lots of big YouTube peeps doing videos together. Being as big a Jeep fans as they are, I would have thought it would behoove them to do a video or 3 with you guys. Too bad. They will realize later that collaboration is the key to real success. I for one would love to see something with you guys and Ronnie Dahl and/or Andrew St Pierre white. You basically provide the best off-road content in North America, just like they are the best for Africa and Australia.

To be fair, Cindy and I know we're nobodys and in spite of what he said in the video, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he had no idea of who we were when he told us to get out of his shot. And really, that's fine by me. What left a bad impression wasn't so much that he didn't recognize us but rather, it was how he was kind of a jerk about it. We could have been anyone as there were a lot of people wanting to get a shot.

Side note, I was watching the grand tour the other day, and I realized something interesting. Watching your videos, I no longer notice the jeeps. The vehicles aren’t really the “stars” of the show, it’s the story and the content, very similar to the old school top gear road trips. They are entertaining to people that couldn’t tell the difference between a Jeep and a pop tart, and that’s really the difference. In the words of Redd from Shawshank, “how often do you look at a mans shoes?” Making the videos about the fun, people, and places is why people watch, not because the vehicle has 37” tires. [emoji1303]

Once again, you really are way too kind and we're truly humbled.

NFRs2000NYC

To be fair, Cindy and I know we're nobodys and in spite of what he said in the video, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he had no idea of who we were when he told us to get out of his shot. And really, that's fine by me. What left a bad impression wasn't so much that he didn't recognize us but rather, it was how he was kind of a jerk about it. We could have been anyone as there were a lot of people wanting to get a shot.

I can only imagine what you guys can do with a crew. Maybe one day I’ll get a chance to wheel with you guys, and I’ll do the filming so you guys can do the story, driving, and antics haha. We can do an “old iron challenge” episode lol. $300 4x4 and try and cross Nevada and Utah haha.

The call out was cool. The big issue I have with them is their testing methods of trucks, and the fact their videos drag on and on and on...

Hooligan_JL

I disagree. The videos you and Cindy make are amazing! The edits, music and narrating is always on point! Also, if any person that’s truly passionate about Jeeps, knows who you and Cindy are. If they don’t, they might be a soccer mom driving a Jeep.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I can only imagine what you guys can do with a crew. Maybe one day I’ll get a chance to wheel with you guys, and I’ll do the filming so you guys can do the story, driving, and antics haha. We can do an “old iron challenge” episode lol. $300 4x4 and try and cross Nevada and Utah haha.

LOL!! You know, that could actually be fun.

Yeah I saw this video this morning. It was pretty cool that the owner stated the problem, the fix and who he got it from.

Again, in spite of the experience I had with them in the past, it was nice of TFL to include the clip where the owner gave us a shout out. It would have been just as easy to edit out.

That guys voice makes me want to choke a baby.

Lol. Don't sugar coat it.

He did hold back a bit didn't he :cheesy:

...and the fact their videos drag on and on and on...

Apparently, it's what people on YouTube want to see. I mean, they've got tons more subscribers than we could ever hope to have. :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I disagree. The videos you and Cindy make are amazing! The edits, music and narrating is always on point! Also, if any person that’s truly passionate about Jeeps, knows who you and Cindy are. If they don’t, they might be a soccer mom driving a Jeep.

Well, thank you for that, we really do appreciate it. Jeeps and the Jeep lifestyle or at least for us anyway, are literally a wayalife and it'd be our only hope that we could share how much fun it is with others.

GrayBeard

The husband and wife in this TFL in my opinion are paid actors. I have seen them on several other shows, with the most recent being Colorado Living/Mountain Homes home shows all of which they are buying something or talking about something they bought.

I'm not saying they are not good people, just that I find it interesting where I've seen them on tv.

They talk a little about trails they've supposedly done, but not much about the real workings of the Jeep. Kinda vague.

Sent from my SM-N950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I wish we could find $300 old iron out here.

Years ago, you could maybe find an XJ for $300 but they've since become fashionable again. No way you could find true old iron for anything less than a grand if you want it still running too.