LIVE COVERAGE : OFFICIAL Jeep JL Wrangler Reveal - LA Auto Show 2017

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Did you happen to notice if they changed the lug nuts to lug bolts? I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would think that would be a good idea with huge and heavy tires. Also, does it look like there is even less room in the back because of that sub, or is it flatter against the wall? Im assuming that color is nacho, which looks awesome.

They are 14mm lug bolts. They are being used because they are stronger.

The sub didn’t seem to take up any more room than what we’ve seen on the JK.

The color was not nacho. Looked like detonator yellow.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JAGS

Super busy today, as were you. Just now able to go through this whole thread. Super cool. Good to see the real deal options and details and not just speculation.

Can't wait to order mine up!!

Mr.Hellcat2You

TLife

Time will tell. In the leaked brochure I saw the off-road pages that showed a lot of information like the inclinometer etc. I'm a sucker for stupid shit like that lol.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

So, this information has some obvious errors (how can the Rubicon have 5" and 8.4" Uconnect as standard), but it does show that there are other options besides the 8.4". Not sure which options include the off road information screens.

Uconnect.JPG

Edit: The rest of that document can be found if you click on feature availability here: http://media.fcanorthamerica.com/newsrelease.do?id=18666&mid=1

Last edited:

13_gecko_rubi

Did you happen to notice if they changed the lug nuts to lug bolts? I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would think that would be a good idea with huge and heavy tires. Also, does it look like there is even less room in the back because of that sub, or is it flatter against the wall? Im assuming that color is nacho, which looks awesome.
They are 14mm lug NUTs, not lug bolts

Sent from my SM-G930V using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

13_gecko_rubi

Interesting. So how does this compare to the D44? Is there an official name for the new axle?

From a Jeep perspective they will just be called 3rd Generation Dana Solid Axles. The Rubicon has 3rd Generation Dana 44 HD Wide axles.

From a Dana perspective I believe they call them the AdvanTEK axles and are designated as M186, M200, M210 and M220 (the number being the ring gear size in mm).

ddays v2

From a Jeep perspective they will just be called 3rd Generation Dana Solid Axles. The Rubicon has 3rd Generation Dana 44 HD Wide axles.

From a Dana perspective I believe they call them the AdvanTEK axles and are designated as M186, M200, M210 and M220 (the number being the ring gear size in mm).

Great info - thanks!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It is not a 35. It's the newest gen Dana axle. Ring gear size may be close but it definitely does not have c clips.

They are 14mm lug NUTs, not lug bolts

I stand corrected, thank you for clearing that up for me. I had been going off of what I heard and should have known to ask about these things and verified as much while I had the chance yesterday :eek:

There are several different radios. The 8.4s all get off road pages but not all JLs have the 8.4

Good to know, thanks for chiming in with this :thumb: