LIVE COVERAGE : OFFICIAL Jeep JL Wrangler Reveal - LA Auto Show 2017

Mr.Hellcat2You

OK guys so we do have some idea of what the Ocean Blue and one of the orange (Punk'd or Nacho) will look like on Jeep's website. That sort of interactive scene that starts off with a red 2dr, as you skip through the scenes, a blue one shows up followed by an orange colored one.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So... has anyone made it out to the LA Auto Show? If so, I'd love to hear what you guys think :yup:

RMC2

I would love to be able to go to show, but not possible.

I love the new JL, but will be stuck in my 13. Thanks for the coverage.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I would love to be able to go to show, but not possible.

I love the new JL, but will be stuck in my 13. Thanks for the coverage.

Well, I'm glad that we've been able to help bring you there virtually if nothing else. We've got some short video clips that we'll be posting up soon too.

Buster3479

Love it! Thank you for the coverage. Really liking the thought of a 2 door, and doing as little to it as possible to put 35's or more likely 37's on it right off. I can't wait to see what you do with your first one.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The guys at Jeep put a lot of thought into the JL and fought tooth and nail to get rid of things that are kind of lame on it.

13_gecko_rubi

The factory roll bar no longer has factory covers that fade and look nasty from sun fade. It does have cladding that gives it a nice finished look when sitting inside your Jeep. I didn't know it could be unbolted but if true, this is no different than what the TJ, YJ and CJ before could do and that would be a HUGE bonus.

The cage is permanently attached like the JK. Will be interesting to see what aftermarket comes up with. The current type of “sport cage” is basically now therefrom factory.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The cage is permanently attached like the JK. Will be interesting to see what aftermarket comes up with. The current type of “sport cage” is basically now therefrom factory.

Thanks for clearing that up. There's a lot of misinformation out there and I've become more reluctant to regurgitate what I've read because of it.

13_gecko_rubi

Thanks for clearing that up. There's a lot of misinformation out there and I've become more reluctant to regurgitate what I've read because of it.
The amount of false info I've seen in many of the online magazine articles amazes me. My favorite was road and track "Jeep has finally upgraded the steering from reciprocating ball to rack and pinion..."

Really? And you are an automotive journalist at a reputable magazine? SMH

Sent from my SM-G930V using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JAGS

I had read that via a certain "four-wheeler mag." They had a lot of things rights, so thought that was as well. Wonder what else was false. I'll just buy a JL and figure it out first hand. [emoji6][emoji41][emoji16]

The amount of false info I've seen in many of the online magazine articles amazes me. My favorite was road and track "Jeep has finally upgraded the steering from reciprocating ball to rack and pinion..."

Really? And you are an automotive journalist at a reputable magazine? SMH

Sent from my SM-G930V using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass

JeepFan

Well, I wouldn't be a JeepFan if I didn't head out to the LA Auto Show to check out the all new Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon. So, that's exactly what Gemhunter and I did on a beautiful Saturday morning. :yup:

Traffic was pretty light heading down the 14 freeway. Of coarse, that wouldn't last! LOL!
IMG_20171202_091429_784.jpg

Heading into downtown LA with all the traffic...:eek:
IMG_20171202_100353.jpg

We finally arrived and made a beeline straight over to the Jeep display. Here are some pics of the JL...

IMG_20171202_103448.jpg

This is a pic of the 3.6. Notice the different engine cover and oil filler neck.
IMG_20171202_103231.jpg

Here's a close-up of what looks like a new style brake caliper. So glad to see they did away with the poorly designed brake pad anti-rattle clips. :)
IMG_20171202_103627.jpg

IMG_20171202_105947_423.jpg

IMG_20171202_115001_551.jpg

IMG_20171202_115001_555.jpg

IMG_20171202_114643.jpg

IMG_20171202_103950.jpg

IMG_20171202_210925_209.jpg

We absolutely love the new interior. So many improvements over the JK. Jeep hit a home run on this one!
IMG_20171202_140841_574.jpg

Love the grill and the larger head lights.

The new hood latches are very nice.

Body styling is great too!

Interior is awesome. Love the retro look of the dash and the roll bar trim looks amazing.

Overall the JL looks awesome!

Steph and I are calling it the Wrangler reborn. I know it sounds cheesy but the JL is one hell of a great looking Jeep and we can't wait to get our hands on ours when it arrives!

I want to say a great big Thank You to Cindy and Eddie for covering the Auto show and all the great videos. :thumb:

Last edited: