LIVE COVERAGE : OFFICIAL Jeep JL Wrangler Reveal - LA Auto Show 2017

13_gecko_rubi

So, this information has some obvious errors (how can the Rubicon have 5" and 8.4" Uconnect as standard), but it does show that there are other options besides the 8.4". Not sure which options include the off road information screens.

View attachment 549

Edit: The rest of that document can be found if you click on feature availability here: http://media.fcanorthamerica.com/newsrelease.do?id=18666&mid=1

Ya thats messed up...

Should be the 5" standard on Sport/Sport S with 7" shown as Packaged. then the 7" Standard on Sahara/Rubicon with the 8.4" shown as packed.

The off road pages come on both the 7" and the 8.4" radios.

NFRs2000NYC

Any mention of that phantom axle we keep seeing on the reported spy shots of the diesel? Also, do the 44's C's look like they are beefed up or do you think they will still require gussets?

NFRs2000NYC

Also, from what I hear, the color (yellow) I asked you about is "hella yella" :thumb: I do have one more question, did the front bumper look like the same as the current JK hard rock bumper? Im still trying to figure out if current JK bumpers can be put onto the JL....everything *LOOKS* like it will fit, but obviously I cant tell for certain.

Jeeeep

So much to like on the JL!

SOB!!! looks like I'll be in the market afterall

but... diesel in 2019, 30mpg sounds enticing with the number of miles I rack up

TrailHunter

Awesome coverage Wayalife! All I can say about the JL is Wow! It looks amazing! To me it’s the JK, but more Refined and thought out.... the lines are better, it’s more aggressive, and it offers more comfort. The stock JL Rubi looks like a Moderately built JK right out of the box!! Having said that, there are things which will be interesting to follow: like the smaller Ring Gears, beefier C’s, thicker axle tubes, aluminum knuckles, aluminum steering box, the rear shock mounting, and the axle disconnect.... There are so many things I like about the JL and how far it separates itself from the JK... But it will be cool to see how that gap closes when seeing a heavily modded JL next to a heavily modded JK. All in all I am glad I bought a 17 JK as I think the performance will still be equal between both and my build possibilities are endless.... yet I am very excited to see future JL builds, the turbo, the diesel and the JT. Exciting stuff!!!

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Last edited:

Mr.Hellcat2You

The hardest part of this for me will be figuring out exactly how to order my JLU. I made the mistake of ordering a Rubicon on my JKU (1st Jeep ever) but pretty much changed everything that made it a Rubicon and I said to myself my next Jeep will be a Sport S. Now I find myself leaning towards a Rubicon again smh and going down the same exact path I did the first time.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JTCO

Meme King
The hardest part of this for me will be figuring out exactly how to order my JLU. I made the mistake of ordering a Rubicon on my JKU (1st Jeep ever) but pretty much changed everything that made it a Rubicon and I said to myself my next Jeep will be a Sport S. Now I find myself leaning towards a Rubicon again smh and going down the same exact path I did the first time.

Seems like this time around, the Rubicon has a lot to offer and will offer much more regret if you don't do it. I was eyeing a Sahara a week ago, but now I see the Rubi with higher fenders and a non-35 axle and it just seems like a better move to me.

Last edited:

Mr.Hellcat2You

Seems like this time around, the Rubicon has a lot to offer and will offer much more regret if you don't do it. I was eyeing a Sahara a week ago, but now I see the Rubi with higher fenders and a non-35 axle and it just seems like can better move to me.
Yeah man, the hood looks good, the high fenders which you can slap on some 35's without a lift, the off-road pages is appealing to me too. Also the fact that you can get a Rubicon and have lockers to wheel and wait while the aftermarket catches up before changing out your suspension. Rubicon takeoffs always sells well. I know some Dynatracs will find it way under there eventually but in the meantime I can still have some fun.

TrailHunter

Seems like this time around, the Rubicon has a lot to offer and will offer much more regret if you don't do it. I was eyeing a Sahara a week ago, but now I see the Rubi with higher fenders and a non-35 axle and it just seems like can better move to me.

That’s the way my mind is working.

What happens if the diesel comes out.... and it’s amazing.... you guys won’t regret not waiting? 30mpg... 400ft lbs? Maybe bigger axles to handle the torque? I’m getting a boner just thinkin about it.. lol

JTCO

Meme King
What happens if the diesel comes out.... and it’s amazing.... you guys won’t regret not waiting? 30mpg... 400ft lbs? Maybe bigger axles to handle the torque? I’m getting a boner just thinkin about it.. lol

I work in the automotive industry and truthfully to me, as appealing as new engines are (gas or diesel), there are always bugs to work out, so I'm always a little leary. As long as a manufacturer stands behind their product, I'm all for it.That turbo 4 is really appealing to me. I already have a trail Jeep that I plan on keeping, so a JL would be a comfort street performance rig for me.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

TrailHunter

I work in the automotive industry and truthfully to me, as appealing as new engines are (gas or diesel), there are always bugs to work out, so I'm always a little leary. As long as a manufacturer stands behind their product, I'm all for it.That turbo 4 is really appealing to me. I already have a trail Jeep that I plan on keeping, so a JL would be a comfort street performance rig for me.

Makes sense.... I bet you never take it in the dirt... haha

I’m still not sure I want one. I’m on the fence. An LS swap in my 2014, is still rattling around in the back of my mind.

LS is cheaper.... & More Bad Ass.. But you could put an LS in a JL and really be king of the hill!

I think this JL has everyones heads in knots... [emoji51]

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Makes sense.... I bet you never take it in the dirt... haha

LS is cheaper.... & More Bad Ass.. But you could put an LS in a JL and really be king of the hill!

I think this JL has everyones heads in knots... [emoji51]

Oh, I’m not saying I won’t buy one. Just not right away. I can keep this JKU plugging away for quite a while, barring a traffic accident. I’ll watch Wayoflife put theirs through the paces, and maybe get in the game at some point.