Airing up

darrenroos

What is your preferred way to air up? Air tank, CO2, portable compressor, on-board compressor, bring a buddy that has one of the above, other, or just ride it out until you find a gas station?

IMG_2777.JPG

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
My preferred way of airing up?

yo-mama-16089405.png

(sorry, you just made it so easy) LOL!

Edit - guess I should actually answer. ARB twin.

Last edited:

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Well, seeing as I was Friday drunk on a Thursday night (see yo mama joke above) I failed to mention that I have only used the ARB on my JK, where it was mounted with a MORE engine compartment mount. I still have the ARB twin, however I haven't used it on the JL yet. I'm going to mount it in a portable box and then clip it to the battery terminals as necessary.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I love the air compressor on my WARN PowerPlant and would have one for my JL as well but unfortunately, WARN doesn't make them anymore :(

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, I had no idea that WARN didn't make PowerPlants anymore. What a shame.

Yeah, they phased it out for the Zeon. It's a shame too because after over 10 years of hard use, my winch still works great, I can air up a 40" tire fast and it doesn't take up any room under the hood or inside the cab of my Jeep.

Nickagomez81

I had a Viair 480C under the passenger seat of my JKu and a 3 gallon tank in the front bumper and it was great. Had no problem airing up my 37’s and everyone else’s for that matter and even ran some pneumatics for trailside repairs.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

CalSgt

I've had the Viair 450P kit for a while & been happy with it. 100% duty cycle under 100 PSI & 1.8 CFM at low pressure, its not as cool as some of the on board setups but I can take it with me in any vehicle & not just the jeep.

drhcobra

I've had the Viair 450P kit for a while & been happy with it. 100% duty cycle under 100 PSI & 1.8 CFM at low pressure, its not as cool as some of the on board setups but I can take it with me in any vehicle & not just the jeep.

I have the 450P also. For 35s it’s pretty
quick to add 10 psi. Pressure gauge on mine is off a bit, but that’s not a problem once I figured that out. In my case I won’t be airing down often so it doesn’t make sense for me to invest in an onboard set up. I’ll also want to be able to use in my work truck.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app