Falcon shocks

JP223/3USA

What was I thinking? I went against my better judgment and made a mistake. I bartered TJ parts for falcon shocks that accommodate 2-3.5” on a 4 door. Kept my fox shocks up front and installed the falcons on the rear. I drove around for a few days and I am not impressed. I planned to use the falcons when I increased my lift down the road. I can say that I don’t want them anymore. There is a huge difference with the fox shocks that Dynatrac has with their lift kits. The quality of their fox shocks are spot on and I will not make this mistake again.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sucks you had to find out the hard way. But, I do appreciate your willingness to be honest about your experiences and share them here. Maybe you can save someone else the trouble of making the same mistake.

JP223/3USA

Sucks you had to find out the hard way. But, I do appreciate your willingness to be honest about your experiences and share them here. Maybe you can save someone else the trouble of making the same mistake.

I was going to post them for sell on this forum but it doesn’t feel right to do that. I’m sure I can find a TERA lover somewhere and offload these shocks. If not, my neighborhood has a spring yard sale coming up. Lol

Last edited:
This might not be a popular opinion as i'm defending teraflex but I don't know that you could find a better non adjustable shock that would outperform the dynatrac tuned fox shocks in that setup. It's hard to beat a well designed shock, spring combo.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
eh, ride quality is 100% subjective but the guys over at TeraFlex all seem to think that a stiff ride is what everyone wants. Their coils are stiff, their shocks are stiff and their air bumps were totally useless. But hey, that's just my opinion and based on personal experience. Of course, none of this would change the fact that their Falcon shocks have bar pins that break and leaking issues. Maybe not every single one but the kind of issues you see with China quality control.

teraflex-falcon-02.png

teraflex-falcon.jpg

The issued you see above, those are not opinion but rather, PROOF of what I've seen.

I'm going to restate my point to you Eddie as I feel you've misunderstood me. My comment has zero to do with Teraflex quality, or any other brands. My point is that any companies non adjustable shocks (which I'm assuming he bought the 2.1 Falcons) should not deliver the ride quality of the Dynatrac tuned Fox shocks unless another company had shocks that were tuned identically to the Dynatrac Fox shocks.

If Dynatrac is being honest, which judging from their quality of their other products I do believe them to be, then adding any other shock wouldn't be a true apples to apples comparison as the shock rates would be different. Therefore making the ride he would feel in the rear of his Jeep either too soft or too stiff.

eh, ride quality is 100% subjective but the guys over at TeraFlex all seem to think that a stiff ride is what everyone wants. Their coils are stiff, their shocks are stiff and their air bumps were totally useless. But hey, that's just my opinion and based on personal experience. Of course, none of this would change the fact that their Falcon shocks have bar pins that break and leaking issues. Maybe not every single one but the kind of issues you see with China quality control.

View attachment 8338

View attachment 8337

The issued you see above, those are not opinion but rather, PROOF of what I've seen.

JTCO

Meme King
I'm going to restate my point to you Eddie as I feel you've misunderstood me. My comment has zero to do with Teraflex quality, or any other brands. My point is that any companies non adjustable shocks (which I'm assuming he bought the 2.1 Falcons) should not deliver the ride quality of the Dynatrac tuned Fox shocks unless another company had shocks that were tuned identically to the Dynatrac Fox shocks.

If Dynatrac is being honest, which judging from their quality of their other products I do believe them to be, then adding any other shock wouldn't be a true apples to apples comparison as the shock rates would be different. Therefore making the ride he would feel in the rear of his Jeep either too soft or too stiff.

I don't think he mis-understood you at all. Swapping the shocks from a matched, tuned kit to a different shocks is likely going to result in a poorer quality ride. I think he was just making a general statement to anyone reading this thread and considering the TeraCrap shocks, that you'll likely find the quality control sucks major penis (my words, not his).

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think he mis-understood you at all. Swapping the shocks from a matched, tuned kit to a different shocks is likely going to result in a poorer quality ride. I think he was just making a general statement to anyone reading this thread and considering the TeraCrap shocks, that you'll likely find the quality control sucks major penis (my words, not his).

LOL - Thank you. I'm glad to know that I was in fact being pretty clear in the general statement that I was making.

Responding to a comment about shock rate with a comment about quality is talking about two different things. It's imho not fair to compare any off the shelf part to a custom designed one.

JTCO

Meme King
Responding to a comment about shock rate with a comment about quality is talking about two different things. It's imho not fair to compare any off the shelf part to a custom designed one.

Lol. We get it.

The kit was designed with Fox shocks and seems to work well. Switching to the Falcons isn't a 'fair' comparison because they weren't designed along with the Dynatrac kit.

But in general, Teraflex quality sucks (we can have that conversation in another thread then). I'm glad someone brought it up. I know if I were thinking about doing something like this shock swap, I'd be happy to find that kind of info BEFORE my purchase, rather than after. And Kudos for the OP at least admitting it didn't work out.

I'm sorry it took you a few comments to get it. Shock rates are not subjective, like perceived ride quality is. I'm not even defending Teraflex quality at all on here, but I'm being responded to like I am. I searched "Teraflex" on this forum, and everyone's opinion of their quality been touched on more than enough. Just trying to make it clear to people like the op that changing the variable on anything that is precisely designed is going to leave you upset, and lighter in the wallet. But I digress...

Lol. We get it.

The kit was designed with Fox shocks and seems to work well. Switching to the Falcons isn't a 'fair' comparison because they weren't designed along with the Dynatrac kit.

But in general, Teraflex quality sucks (we can have that conversation in another thread then). I'm glad someone brought it up. I know if I were thinking about doing something like this shock swap, I'd be happy to find that kind of info BEFORE my purchase, rather than after. And Kudos for the OP at least admitting it didn't work out.

JP223/3USA

IMG_0040.jpg
Feels good to have these babies back where they belong. I thought my fox shocks felt good before taking them off my Jeep. They feel 10 times better since taking off my falcons. I ended up adding .5” spacers while I was under my Jeep, so it wasn’t a total waste of my time.

Dude, you're the one that bought the Teraflex shocks thinking you could provide a better ride than what the engineer at Dynatrac could. Then you only put rears on to end up being upset that the shock rates are different. Quote me anywhere saying I like Teraflex. I would've said the exact same thing if it were Rancho, the regular Fox shocks, or any other brand.

Since you like Teraflex, I’ll sell them to you really cheap