Falcon shocks

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Dude, you're the one that bought the Teraflex shocks thinking you could provide a better ride than what the engineer at Dynatrac could. Then you only put rears on to end up being upset that the shock rates are different. Quote me anywhere saying I like Teraflex. I would've said the exact same thing if it were Rancho, the regular Fox shocks, or any other brand.
What springs would you recommend to pair with the falcon shocks?

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Almost Everything teraflex is junk. Only thing that is decent is their basic spacer kit cause you can’t screw up polyurethane spacers.

JP223/3USA

Dude, you're the one that bought the Teraflex shocks thinking you could provide a better ride than what the engineer at Dynatrac could. Then you only put rears on to end up being upset that the shock rates are different. Quote me anywhere saying I like Teraflex. I would've said the exact same thing if it were Rancho, the regular Fox shocks, or any other brand.

I never paid for these but traded TJ parts that have been sitting in my garage for almost a decade. I wouldn’t have purchased these shocks with $$$ but I had the opportunity to give them a shot. My buddy had a hard time getting the front shocks to mount on the frame mount. I took them knowing this would possibly be an issue. He had less than 100 miles on them before taking the shocks off his Jeep. I’m the guinea pig that is actually helping others decide which shocks to get. Here’s a pick of the front upper shock sleeve that had a hard time lining with the bolt holes. This should never have been an issue IMG_0045.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I get it, you're trying to make a point to say that the Teraflex shock would suck with any spring set up. That's not the point I was making as I don't personally care what teraflex does with the design of their equipment. It's just a poor comparison to any company to compare a generic shock to a specialized shock. Everything I said would be word for word had he used Rancho, Rough Country, Bilstein, or even the non dynatrac fox shocks. So to answer your question again call Teraflex, its their equipment.

But I'm asking you.

Okay let me simplify this for you. How many lift kits available today actually have the shocks tuning done specifically for the springs they put with the kit? Most match a shock that's close to their spring at the price point they want to hit. All I've read on here is how great the dynatrac kit rides because of how they matched the shock to the spring. Why would any other brand of shock unless identically valved perform better? You'll have a softer ride, or a rougher ride in almost every shock tested.

Idk, you're suggesting that people don't try different products. Maybe to him these may have been an upgrade. You're the shock expert, I'm asking you.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Okay let me simplify this for you. How many lift kits available today actually have the shocks tuning done specifically for the springs they put with the kit? Most match a shock that's close to their spring at the price point they want to hit. All I've read on here is how great the dynatrac kit rides because of how they matched the shock to the spring. Why would any other brand of shock unless identically valved perform better? You'll have a softer ride, or a rougher ride in almost every shock tested.
Doesn't almost every company tell you that their shocks are scientifically tuned to their springs? Even Rubicon Express, skyjacker, teraflex probably even rough county.

JP223/3USA

Burp

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

That's true they do. But how long have parts been available for the JL? These lifts are 1st gen designs. Would you say any of those companies you listed make a non adjustable shock that has the reputation of performance that Fox 2.0 has over the years? When I called the companies I asked how their shock compared to the fox 2.0 and almost every tech person I talked to said the Fox 2.0 would be an upgrade performance wise. Now would you replace the dynatrac fox 2.0 shocks (which Eddie himself called a premium lift due to the shock/spring combo) with a comparable shock from any of those companies thinking it would perform better? Especially with the rave reviews the dynatrac lift has garnered. That's my point. In this specific lift we have a very high quality company that's released a very highly regarded lift that bases its sole existence on ride quality without caster correction.

Doesn't almost every company tell you that their shocks are scientifically tuned to their springs? Even Rubicon Express, skyjacker, teraflex probably even rough county.