2018 JLUS with Rubicon Shocks/Springs ?

SSTuner

Already have Rubicon wheels/tires. Ready to install Rubicon takeoff shocks/springs, what is the expected lift if any? Also, will it level out the front or would I need spacers under the front springs? If spacers are needed what thickness?

Thanks in advance

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Contrary to what some choose to believe, you'll only get about an inch of lift out of it. For me personally, far from being worth the time, money and effort but if you've already got it, that's what you can expect after everything settles out.

CanadaJeep

Caught the Bug
I think if you had 4 door ruby springs and put them in a 2 door sport you might get 2" but on a 4 door you will probably only get and inch, as Eddy has stated above. :twocents:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I think if you had 4 door ruby springs and put them in a 2 door sport you might get 2" but on a 4 door you will probably only get and inch, as Eddy has stated above. :twocents:

It'd be a bit taller with 4-door Rubi coils but not quite 2". Still, a lot more effort than I'd want to put in unless the coils came free.

Harbour35

Rubi Susp on Sport

I have actually done the switch on a JLU Sport. The JL only has 2800 miles on it. The Rubi springs/shocks/frt spring seat were from a brand new vehicle.

I measured at a point on the front frame and at the rear trailer hitch. I gained a full 2 inches +/- 1/8 in. at both locations. The new shocks have much better damping and I feel the ride is much improved.

I think for the $300 and a few hours of wrenching it was well worth it. Will be installing 285 75 17 KO2s as soon as they are available to complete the suspension upgrades.

I had done the same thing on a 2008 JK with similar results although for some reason not quite as much lift.