Misaligned Seat Backs and Loose Fabric

OhDannyBoy

Binding/Deformed/Misaligned Seat Backs and Loose Fabric

Anyone else have misaligned seat backs and loose fabric (on the back of the seat backs) in their Wrangler?
Ours is the Sahara trim.
Not really getting anywhere with the dealership.
Tried reaching out to JeepCares via PM, but their message box is at full capacity...

https://imgur.com/Sdvf0WQ

JL Seats.jpg

Last edited:

JTCO

Meme King
I guess I'm not seeing what the problem is here. :idontknow:

Me, neither.

I see a slight difference in the height but nothing I would consider out of the ordinary for any vehicle. Now if one of the seats is binding while folding or something mechanically failed, I could see it being a problem. Maybe I'm not seeing what OP is trying to picture here.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Me, neither.

I see a slight difference in the height but nothing I would consider out of the ordinary for any vehicle. Now if one of the seats is binding while folding or something mechanically failed, I could see it being a problem. Maybe I'm not seeing what OP is trying to picture here.

Maybe he just needs a really fat person to sit in the seat a couple of times. :idontknow:

OhDannyBoy

It doesn't show well with the picture being rotated...
If you click the link in the post, it is more apparent.

The right side sits lower than the left and is also further "back" than the left.
The fabric is also clearly pinched/sagging/gathered.

And yes, there is "binding" when laying the right side flat...
We (us and the dealership) have looked at all of the other Wranglers in inventory, and none are like this...

Last edited:

JTCO

Meme King
It doesn't show well with the picture being rotated...
If you click the link in the post, it is more apparent.

The right side sits lower than the left and is also further "back" than the left.
The fabric is also clearly pinched/sagging/gathered.

And yes, there is "binding" when laying the right side flat...
We (us and the dealership) have looked at all of the other Wranglers in inventory, and none are like this...

I fixed your photo. Have you gotten the service manager involved? If the seat is binding, they should be taking care of this. :idontknow:

OhDannyBoy

Should have bought a Tesla. You would be happier.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I don't see how this comment is helpful - I am quite happy!
We did plenty of research before getting into this vehicle in September, and we knew there were some kinks that may need to be worked out.
We've been loyal Jeep customers since 2004 (in 4 different Grand Cherokees).
Besides the yellowing paint (which was taken care of), this is the only other issue - and it seems to me like it could be addressed/repaired/replaced.

Thanks for nothing.

OhDannyBoy

I fixed your photo. Have you gotten the service manager involved? If the seat is binding, they should be taking care of this. :idontknow:

Yes, the Service Manger is directly involved!
(and thank you for rotating that photo for me)

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
I don't see how this comment is helpful - I am quite happy!
We did plenty of research before getting into this vehicle in September, and we knew there were some kinks that may need to be worked out.
We've been loyal Jeep customers since 2004 (in 4 different Grand Cherokees).
Besides the yellowing paint (which was taken care of), this is the only other issue - and it seems to me like it could be addressed/repaired/replaced.

Thanks for nothing.

You’re welcome for nothing. Should have stuck to the mom mobile grand Cherokee.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

DavidDJL69

Maybe new glasses are in order. I can see the fitment issue and I can see the lousy fold in the material. Pretty obvious, eh? Don’t know why people are giving you crap about it but I’d keep taking it back until you get the issue resolved. It is under warranty right?

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app